Bike Week 2017

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

82ndCowboy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A few of us are getting together and staying at The Holiday Travel Park in Bunnell. One exit north of Destination Daytona on I-95.

Come One come all. Camping is a hell of a lot cheaper than getting a room. Plus it's just more Fun!

Some of us will also be gathering at Pirahnas Bar and Grill on US 1 in Holly Hill on Thursday night.

Hope to see you all that are going to Bike Week.

:punk:

Sad that no one will be at Boxenstopp's since Joe Rauff has died. That was a great destination for the VMax contingent, and a good-sized group used to be there, people coming & going. The Sat. lunch rides were fun, you got to see people from all-over, and there were always plenty of modded VMax'es to see and to speak-about with their owners.

Assuming we're in Daytona on Thurs. evening, we will probably go to the National flattrack race at the Speedway. Maybe afterwards we can try to make it to the Pirahana Bar.

Is there any movement to do any meeting place for a Sat lunch ride? I guess facebook is one place to look for info but I don't 'do' facebook. So, if anyone knows of anything in the planning, please post-up here about it, thanks.

'Cowboy,' maybe we'll get a chance to say, 'hello,' to one-another, anyone know if Ron from the Southern Tier of NY is planning on being there (Daytona), or Marcus with his Wyotech Horsepower Shootout beast?

A few of us are getting together and staying at The Holiday Travel Park in Bunnell. One exit north of Destination Daytona on I-95.

Come One come all. Camping is a hell of a lot cheaper than getting a room. Plus it's just more Fun!

Some of us will also be gathering at Pirahnas Bar and Grill on US 1 in Holly Hill on Thursday night.

Hope to see you all that are going to Bike Week.

:punk:

Actually Marcus is one of us that is staying at The Holiday Travel Park. Ron is already there. I'll be there Friday or Saturday.

I've haven't heard of other get togethers on FB. But if I do I'll post them here.

Sad that no one will be at Boxenstopp's since Joe Rauff has died. That was a great destination for the VMax contingent, and a good-sized group used to be there, people coming & going. The Sat. lunch rides were fun, you got to see people from all-over, and there were always plenty of modded VMax'es to see and to speak-about with their owners.

Assuming we're in Daytona on Thurs. evening, we will probably go to the National flattrack race at the Speedway. Maybe afterwards we can try to make it to the Pirahana Bar.

Is there any movement to do any meeting place for a Sat lunch ride? I guess facebook is one place to look for info but I don't 'do' facebook. So, if anyone knows of anything in the planning, please post-up here about it, thanks.

'Cowboy,' maybe we'll get a chance to say, 'hello,' to one-another, anyone know if Ron from the Southern Tier of NY is planning on being there (Daytona), or Marcus with his Wyotech Horsepower Shootout beast?

And Yes, Bike Week won't be the same without Joe. Definitely he will be missed and it won't be the same.

I'm at holiday travel park now and looking for Marcus and Jim anytime now. Arthur from Jacksonville is coming down for the piranha grill and wants to know if there's any rides scheduled (like the three bananas ) We're up for any suggestions. If you're on a Vmax and you're here we should definitely get together.

Just getting into Daytona now Thursday. We expect to see the national flattrack race at the Speedway tonite. Anyone around the Speedway area now?

We just saw the National Championship TT race, and Indian won 1st & 2nd! Looks like a long season for H-D.

We stopped by Piranhas Bar Fri night, no VMAXes there. I did win 3 items during the trivia game, subject was rock history. We walked in during the middle of it.

Not sure what's up w/the website, it's taking a long time to load, not working as it used to. Not able to load pics. We met Brian Klock who is a big v twin customizer who did some limited edition Indians for the factory. I cannot get any pics of him & us to load.

Buster seems to have the system back in good shape, so I can upload pics. Here's a pic of Brian Klock, he of Harley and Indian custom fame, with yours-truly on the picture left, and my long-time Daytona buddy, we've been going most years for over 30 years.

Brian Klock of Klock Werks and his Jack Daniels Indian Scout bike, I think it looks practical and sharp. http://www.hotbikeweb.com/klock-werks-jack-daniels-indian-scout-tennessee-fire

A new Indian Scout, customized and built by Klock Werks in Mitchell, South Dakota, is a splash of fiery red in the new Nashville General Store, Jack Daniels first ever retail and experiential location outside of Lynchburg. The independently owned Jack Daniel’s Nashville General Store folks are fired up about their new business in the busy historical tourist area of Marathon Motors in the Northwestern are of Nashville TN, according to David Stang, National Director of Events and Sponsorships for Jack Daniels.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 13
Back