Bike won't start when it hot

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

askar

Reaction score
Hello fellas,

Recently m facing issues starting my bike when it hot it's crank but would not start unless I open throttle little bit which help in operating.

My battery condition is good as per the reading from voltmeter..always on battery tender.

Your inputs is appreciated.

Thanks,
Askar

What year bike? The 85-89's had 2 brush starters while the 90-07 had the superior 4 brush starters.

Gen 2 - search the forum...
this is one of the few problems that gets reported for this model.... can't remember what the solution is...

Could be starter relay not happy when hot. A quick forum search showed a new starter relay fixed the issue for one member. Total guess on my part......Since this is fuel injected model, a shot in the dark guess is it might have something to do with the TPS sensor due to you having to manipulate the throttle for your bike to fire. There is an adjustment section in the service manual.

Could be starter relay not happy when hot. A quick forum search showed a new starter relay fixed the issue for one member. Total guess on my part......Since this is fuel injected model, a shot in the dark guess is it might have something to do with the TPS sensor due to you having to manipulate the throttle for your bike to fire. There is an adjustment section in the service manual.
Thanks zeus for u r inputs.

I am actually sold out of good used starters for the gen 2's! They do develop bad spots and not sure if they can be repaired (I would think they can).

I am actually sold out of good used starters for the gen 2's! They do develop bad spots and not sure if they can be repaired (I would think they can).
Thanks man
Appreciated your reply.
Good news after not using the bike for almost 2 month I placed the battery on the tender and used the bike for couple of days and start notice it's getting better and better will keep eye 👀 on it hopefully it will not be starter related issue.
Regards,
Askar

Thanks man
Appreciated your reply.
Good news after not using the bike for almost 2 month I placed the battery on the tender and used the bike for couple of days and start notice it's getting better and better will keep eye 👀 on it hopefully it will not be starter related issue.
Regards,
Askar
what troubles me is when opening the throttle it will start, which should never be the case, perhaps engine running to lean? Did you do any Mods, ECU, Air box, etc? After ECU flash I had a similar issue, hot engine would start only after three or four tries, solved the problem finally.

what troubles me is when opening the throttle it will start, which should never be the case, perhaps engine running to lean? Did you do any Mods, ECU, Air box, etc? After ECU flash I had a similar issue, hot engine would start only after three or four tries, solved the problem finally.
Mine is totally stock no moods yet.
I agree with u need to open throttle a little bit inorder to start it which should be .. that's exactly what I was facing after fully charge my battery and left on the tender and riding the bike after almost 2 months without riding it disappeared cross 🤞🏻 will not be repeated.

Mine is totally stock no moods yet.
I agree with u need to open throttle a little bit inorder to start it which should be .. that's exactly what I was facing after fully charge my battery and left on the tender and riding the bike after almost 2 months without riding it disappeared cross 🤞🏻 will not be repeated.
Good to hear! Perhaps a battery issue? voltage reading on a lead acid battery can be deceiving, especially if the battery is not brand new, troubled me years ago. Changed to lithium, all issues solved, also no need for a battery tender, self discharge is minor in a lithium battery.

Latest posts

Back