Biker swerve's for Bear

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
he bearly missed! :clapping: lame, I know, couldnt help it! :rofl_200:

I'm glad he didn't make contact. Would have been a helluva story with video evidence!

Not good to hit a bear even a medium sized one like that!
I think there was a member that hit a bear down south in Tennessee or West Virginia back 7-8 years ago. Scared the shit out of both participants and if I remember correctly he was able to ride his bent forked Vmax back home or to the cabin he was staying at. Maybe BD or someone with a better memory than I can recall the story.

We saw a black just sitting bear near the white line on the side of the road a few years ago on the way to Thunder on the 219 S.
Luckily there were 2 lanes on our side so we just slowed down and moved to the other lane.
It was pretty weird though.

I stopped about 10 feet from one on the Dragon a few months back he was blocking the whole road. We stared at each other a mintute . I revved the bike a bit and he ran the other way and then i cleaned the stains off my seat.

I stopped about 10 feet from one on the Dragon a few months back he was blocking the whole road. We stared at each other a mintute . I revved the bike a bit and he ran the other way and then i cleaned the stains off my seat.

Thats crazy! I see deer all the time, even turkey, bison, occasionally an elk, fox or mtn lion, never a bear yet. Of all these the only one likely to intentionally attack a motorcycle are bison. A young bear is scary not only because of what it is but also because mama bear is all business. Glad you got away from that situation.

Thats crazy! I see deer all the time, even turkey, bison, occasionally an elk, fox or mtn lion, never a bear yet. Of all these the only one likely to intentionally attack a motorcycle are bison. A young bear is scary not only because of what it is but also because mama bear is all business. Glad you got away from that situation.

Years ago, a friend of mine worked a call in the Wichita Wildlife preserve. A guy on a motorcycle was putting along at about 20 mph. All of the sudden he got blindsided by a buffalo. The guy was seriously messed up.

Years ago, a friend of mine worked a call in the Wichita Wildlife preserve. A guy on a motorcycle was putting along at about 20 mph. All of the sudden he got blindsided by a buffalo. The guy was seriously messed up.
That would Suck !!!
I wouldn't want to get charged by a Moose either.

Wow, that had to suck for the rider, I heard they are mean and fast when pissed! I can only imagine what that buffalo did to that rider, :th_scared:
I was driving through Yellowstone in a Chevy Astro pulling a U-Haul and I got close enough to know that if the buffalo decided he didn't like me that I would of been in a world of trouble! This last summer I had a rafter of turkeys run across in front of me this summer missed them by 10 feet and then about a mile and a half down the road a wolf ran across the road about 75-80 feet in front of me. Luckily no close adventures of the deer kind.

Bison are plain nasty. They are massive and stunningly fast and can turn on a dime. Also they love to gore tourists that think they can feed and pet them. I live real close to Custer State Park and got to participate in the buffalo roundup in 84. I will never forget that experience. Normally if you do see one give him some space and you'll be ok, dont be fast or noisy and they will probably ignore you if they are used to seeing people. If they do charge you then your best chance of survival is if they miss, they have poor eyesight but can hear and smell quite well.

I was in the Custer wildlife loop during a tour from Seattle and I was alongside the road talking to a guy on a GS, smoking cigars and taking pics and we decided to sit tight and wait for this herd to pass a ways in front of us, they got a little close and more appeared from the tree line, so we decided to retreat back but there were a couple full size bulls in the road behind that came from nowhere. We had to sit it out and it was sobering as they closed us in and got pretty close. We were hiding behind his bike (gray where mine was bright red). They ignored us totally and it took better than 30 minutes for them to bugger off enough that we could get under way. You never saw anyone extinguish cigars and shed hi-vis riding gear so damn swiftly. I was afraid to take a pic for a few minutes there. They never even acknowledged our existence so that was good.

Attachments

• Bison.jpg
    Bison.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Bison3.jpg
    Bison3.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Bison12.jpg
    Bison12.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Bison13.jpg
    Bison13.jpg