bikes on craigs list 1 hr got my first scam

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cgswss

Reaction score
Well it only took an hour to get my first craigs list scamer!

You think they would at least have someone that speaks english write out their scam letter for them

Thanks for getting back to me. I am glad the bike is in good condition and I am okay with the asking price. I would love to go ahead with the purchase but I'm on duty now so coming to your residence for inspection won't be possible, so you have to assure me that its in condition described.You may now consider me a favorite buyer and if possible withdraw the posting from the site immediately so that I can be rest assured that it is all mine.

Like I said earlier, I'm very busy with my job, am out of town in rig offshore , so I will be paying you online via my PayPal account which is attached to my bank account because it is the only form of payment that I have access to right now and also because of its good security nature. If you are interested in selling it please provide me with the following information:

1)Your full name
2) Paypal email address,
3)Address for pick up
4)Your personal mobile #

Kindly get back to me with the required info for us to proceed, You will not be responsible for the shipping as my private auto shipping company will be coming over to your address for the pick up after I have made the payment and you have received the confirmation of Payment from PayPal. Do hope to read from you.

Unfortunately that will probably be the first of many scam emails you get. Every time I put something on Craigslist I get similar crap mailed to me. My favorites ones are when they forget to tailor the form letter appropriately. IE: one time I was selling a sissy bar on craigslist and the message was about a couch...

I dont even put my email on cl. Phone number only and I figure they will call if there serious and my adds are usually strait forward and some times a little rude sounding but I never get any thing but serious calls

I'm soon to put my 85 vette( less than 29,000 miles on it ) in a craigslist ad will be phone number only and must have cash in my hand to test ride with me in passenger side and yes I carry !!

I have had them call and try and setup deals like that. I was trying to buy a truck listed in MIchigan but magically was out of state when I called and talked to someone. It really did sound sincere, UNTIL the money came in. Even that sounded like a real deal. And believe me, I make more deals than probably anyone on this board on a daily basis. Honestly it very well could have been the real deal and I missed out. They were in the service and stationed someplace in Kentucky and just had the truck shipped down there. And they were willing to meet in person, but wanted funds via a third party that was legit ( I checked it out ). But I just couldnt understand why it wasn't a cash and carry deal. I figured it was probably stolen. But they were willing to meet me on base. But in today's age, that doesn't mean shit anymore unfortunately.

Something just didnt feel right with this deal. So I passed on it. Sometimes I wonder. But I ve been burned WAY too many times in the past to lose a big sum of money ( $20,000 ). I ve lost $1,000's , but 5 digits, I think someone would be wearing cement shoes.

Todd

I might be a close rival on the deals lol. I can spot a scam pretty easy. Also, with all my customers/friends I can almost always tell them someone will meet them in person for money exchange (even if the claim to be out of country) and someone else to look at and pick up the "item".

I always ask where they are and hows the weather. most of these jerks are outside the US and have no idea what is going on in the US. The last one I talked to on my Honda said he was in Rode Island and his BATTALION was about to ship out to Iran.

This guy wasn't even organized enough to be able to tell me what bike he was contacting me about. Makes me wish I had stayed up with computers and could write a virus to attack their computer in the return e-mail.

Craig

Latest posts

Back