Bill W & Texas Mile

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UPDATE ! Bill made a warm-up pass of 208 mph first.
Then I think he made a full pass, but was only clocked at 236. I have heard that he insists that there was no WAY he was going that slow, that it felt very close to or at 300 mph. The data on the bike will tell. The bike survived very well, just the fairing scraped on the left side. The right side doesn't even look like it was in an accident.
Bill has a few broken ribs, a punctured lung (that they probably won't need to stick a tube in), a nicked liver that is slightly hemorrhaging (but should clear up on its own with no surgery), a severe abrasion on the inside of his left knee (so I was told, but given the circumstances it's probably the outside), a broken bottom left index finger that may require surgery (but at a later date), a large gash on his left ankle (I was told on top, but maybe the side) which is not broken (they checked twice because it looks bad) and that has no torn ligaments or tendons, and a bad bruise on his left shoulder (superficial only).
They have him in ICU as a precaution, and will probably keep him in the hospital for a few days.
I was told he has a limited memory of the fall, but this may be due to a possible concussion, and the feel-good meds he is probably on.
I heard he told Billy Shoemaker of Fkawi Racing to leave him at the hospital, go back to the track, and get the track record !!!!!
So now you KNOW he is going to be OK!
I will let him know of this thread so he has something to do while he is convalescing.
Walt[/quote]

I can't even imagine going down at 200+MPH. Crazy.
I was amazed to read the injury report. It sounds like he is a very lucky man.
Best wishes for a quick and speedy recovery!

There's gotta be a very small club for guys who've gone down that fast and survive... Ouchhh to the Max.... Our thoughts and prayers are out to him....

I would say God's Speed but I think it is more appropriate to say "Bills Speed"

Sean

I wish Bill the best, he is one crazy and talented MF!! From what I've read about him it won't be long before he is back on two wheels doing what he loves!:worthy:

Wow indeed. I wonder what type of gear he had on, and if and how it was reinforced/modified. I would suspect that the small # of people that survive from this speed have the appropriate gear. im sure it was a HELL of a ride tho. good luck on the recovery!!

peace,
evan...

Met Bill at a local Vmax gathering. You would never guess he was such a notable "player" in the top speed area. Very unassuming guy, not bragadocious in the least bit. He got Thadd Stevens to take his Max(RoadCone) to the high speed venues. It ain't easy getting a Vmax into sportbike speeds. Grumpy, I'm guessing Bill was running his Busa and NOT a Max for this run. Still, I've run in the 150s when I ran out of Cojones. My mind cannot comprehend 200 plus let alone three bills!
Don't know if you drop a bike at that speed gets run again. Safety might dictate a new rolling chassis. Sounds like he is on the mend. Hope he shares his story somewhere and reads all these posts of well wishes. Go Bill go...

I too have bought products from Bill and will do so in the future, he is very easy to deal with. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Bill and his family. Glad to hear he his recovering!!!!

Back