Billet Helmet

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That CNC machine was awesome......boy I would love to have one of those in my workshop.

The helmet looked bad ass. I am betting that it might be a bit cold to wear.

The CNC's I used to run all had coolant spraying everywhere to wash out the chips and keep everything from galling or discoloring or getting too hot etc.....

How the HELL does this thing operate without any?!?!?:ummm:

The CNC's I used to run all had coolant spraying everywhere to wash out the chips and keep everything from galling or discoloring or getting too hot etc.....

How the HELL does this thing operate without any?!?!?:ummm:
Simple...slower feeds and speeds.

That helmet is flat out ridiculous. I can only imagine how much programming and machine time went into that. Thats the kind of thing you see at the really good trade shows.

We have one of the very few 9 axis machines in the world (I think that was a 7 but not sure). We also have the second largest CNC machine in the world (Russia has the largest one). If I could get my hands on that code we could get one made but it would be stupid expensive. As noted, the cutters-feeds-speeds all make a difference but more then likely they were running the fluid when they weren't recoding the video.

Sean

I would very rough estimate 5-8K depending on the shop labor rate.

Sean

thats actually not that bad, seeing what is involved. very coool shit.

That is awesome for sure, but at 3.6kg I will pass. No matter the price I don't want to more then double the weight of my helmet.

It's not a safe rideable helmet but more to show off thier machining capabilities. We can do that at my day job too (we have a 9 axis machine in our tooling shop).

Sean

Back