Billet reflector mod for HAC sissy bar

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxcruzer

Reaction score
We have the same removable sissy bar. I assume you like the stock macho look but the Miss's needs security. Quick change between the two.
I don't like the unfinished look in the reflecter department either so I solved that by having a custom billet aluminum reflecter with brake light LED's made. Check out the pic's. I made the stand off out of mild steel, secured it to the steel bracket that holds the sissy in place. Have you got plans or figured out something different?
KP

Attachments

• Billet 02A.jpg
    Billet 02A.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 67
  • Billet 03A.jpg
    Billet 03A.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 63
  • Billet 05A.jpg
    Billet 05A.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 60
  • Billet 07A.jpg
    Billet 07A.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 61
  • Billet 11.jpg
    Billet 11.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 79
  • Billet 14.jpg
    Billet 14.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 96
Re: 4gasem

Nice work, about as clean as it gets :punk::clapping:

Thanks, it didn't happen over night though. You know how it is...Get an idea, create a prototype, throw away failed pieces etc.
I have resources like machine shops and knowledgeable friends but things take time. Gary Spradley is the guy who made the billet piece for me, I had to send him my rough plastic piece that I ground, filed and custom fit and he created it in aluminum replica with the LED's counter sunk, drilled and ready for install. I sent him pic's of my "stand-off" piece but at the time he thought that there wasn't enough people out there using the removable sissy bar like me so it wasn't worth making another. Maybe if I can get it out there others with the ugly reflector blues can hit him up like I did.
For now Ive got the only one like it.

Yes sir. I used the stocker and modified it and the HAC bracket to fit. I copied anothers idea and there's a write-up about it here somewhere...

Chris

I would be down for getting that part for my H.A.C. as well. If you get enough interest, let me know!

I would be down for getting that part for my H.A.C. as well. If you get enough interest, let me know!

You'd have to get a hold of Gary http://cruton.bmg.uab.edu/ (click on custom LED work) refresh his memory and work it out. He makes the billet piece in many configurations, LED wise. If I had to send mine in to him for measurements I would, don't know if he kept the auto-CAD program for the mil. I'd also send more pics or the actual piece for the stand off to you to duplicate if needed. Wiring was easy.

Removable back rest?? How makes that?? Where can it be bought?

H.A.C. Removeable Sissy Bar

I think it can be found on ebay for the cheapest. Or at least that's where I got mine.

if u want something removable, its the way to go.

i love my renntec tho.

Back