BIrthday present

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasondon

Reaction score
I picked up my Givi windscreen today, my early bday present. Cant wait for the snow to melt and try it out. Left on my list of to do's....Tires, fork springs & seals, and then hit the road.

MELT SNOW MELT!!!!

Grats on the BD present! I have a Givi windscreen also, and it works well! It's a great looking and will keep the blast off your chest up to your chin. :thumbs up:
A couple items I found when fitting it:
1) You may have to reposition (bend) the brackets to fit it to the turn signal mounting points. Remove the screen while doing this.
2) You may want to add some washers to bolts on the backside windscreen side to prevent cracking of the screen. Do not over tighten the bolts.
I screwed up by having my 1/2 cover on too tight and with the wind buffeting the cover it put pressure on the windscreen and it cracked the plastic around the outer two bolts. I also used some rubber washers to prevent further cracking b/c of my screw up. :bang head:
You may not have the same problem if you don't use a cover but I thought I'd throw my experience out there.

RedBone is right, you will have to bend the brackets a little to make it fit. Take your time. Keeps the wind off your chest. Great shield, looks good too.

THanks guys, I will remember that when it comes time to mount it. Even though I use a full face helmet, it will be nice to have the wind/bugs off the chest.

Cheers,

Jason

Back