Bit of a forum disaster this morning!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buster Hymen

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Just proves you can't make changes on the fly, before your first coffee, without testing everything and without a fresh backup! Some may have noticed the board was a real clusterfuck and may be in certain parts. I thought it was all ironed out until Calimus pointed out that the forums couldn't be opened. :bash0000: My apologies to those that use IE as I was checking everything with Firefox and it was working in that. The IE issue got fixed about an hour ago! Just when I thought I had everything dialed in! :smileystooges:
Let me know of any other issues!

Buster, glad you got it straightened out.

Keep up the good work, this forum is great!!!!!!!!

No problems at all man. You can't learn till you fuck something up good and proper.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to respond to your PM's. Been doing a lot of work around the house and just stopped to take a break. Lastnight was a clusterfuck for me as well, but thats a different story.

Glad to see everything is working fine now. Possibly tonight, I will be able to test the fourm using the new MS Vista OS and it's version of IE 7. Will be interesting to see if FireFox will even install on Vista, heh.

Vista + IE7 worked just fine last night. Haven't had a chance to try and install FF just yet. I will say this much. IE7 + Vista is much fast then IE7+ XP.

Vista however, is a ram intensive whore at this stage. it utilized 77% of the 512mb thats in my laptop and was hitting the swap file like a crack addict with an endless supply.

Be interesting to see what MS does to combat that or if the world will just have to throw more hardware at the issue.

Calimus said:
Vista + IE7 worked just fine last night. Haven't had a chance to try and install FF just yet. I will say this much. IE7 + Vista is much fast then IE7+ XP.

Vista however, is a ram intensive whore at this stage. it utilized 77% of the 512mb thats in my laptop and was hitting the swap file like a crack addict with an endless supply.

Be interesting to see what MS does to combat that or if the world will just have to throw more hardware at the issue.

I didn't know Vista was released yet. 77% is a big load, almost twice what XP is sucking out of my laptop.

Vista is only in Beta 2 at this point, it's not a full finished release. An once it does reach that stage, I'm sure it won't be as much of a hog since it's current state contains all mannor of debugging code and side processes for error capturing. However, I suspect it will still really require a gig of ram or better to run really smooth.

Back