bit the bullitt

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxumus

Reaction score
dropped off the v max for carb syn'd . well i was looking at the 2012 vmax which is awsome bike. then looked at thr r1 they 3 there .i ended buying a white r1 .it will be ready thursday waiting on power commander and k&n filter .they had the exhaust in stock. cannot wait.oh i still have the vmax .

Now you have a bike that will go around corners and is very fast too! have fun, Spurs:punk:

Congratulations on your R 1 purchase. I have its grandfather, a 1987 FZR1000 I bought from my friend, a yr old & <3K mi. I have about 26K on it now. Still plenty of fun to ride and I get compliments on it all the time, as it is now 25 years old. Yeah, I don't ride it a lot.

I just had to buy some vacuum line for my carb synch battery of gauges, I haven't had a chance to do 'em yet on my VMax, but will soon. How much does your dealer charge? I bet you could buy the tool for what they charge you. Only 3 screws to manipulate, read the sticky.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/carburetor-synchronizer-standard-4-gauge-kit/p2004169.jcwx?filterid=u0j3

Emgo, $156, bourdon tube gauges (like a barometric pressure gauge, have had this unit for 25+ years, no issues. It was much cheaper then!)

http://www.jcwhitney.com/motion-pro-carburetor-synchronizer/p3087825.jcwx?filterid=u0j3

Motion Pro, <$100. Fluid type, on a board. Not mercury!

yea carb sync is easy on the max....no messing with a aux feul tank:biglaugh:,

the r1 is a ripper:biglaugh:...sweet lokking bike too:punk: enjoy!!

Congratulations on your R 1 purchase. I have its grandfather, a 1987 FZR1000 I bought from my friend, a yr old & <3K mi. I have about 26K on it now. Still plenty of fun to ride and I get compliments on it all the time, as it is now 25 years old. Yeah, I don't ride it a lot.

I just had to buy some vacuum line for my carb synch battery of gauges, I haven't had a chance to do 'em yet on my VMax, but will soon. How much does your dealer charge? I bet you could buy the tool for what they charge you. Only 3 screws to manipulate, read the sticky.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/carburetor-synchronizer-standard-4-gauge-kit/p2004169.jcwx?filterid=u0j3

Emgo, $156, bourdon tube gauges (like a barometric pressure gauge, have had this unit for 25+ years, no issues. It was much cheaper then!)

http://www.jcwhitney.com/motion-pro-carburetor-synchronizer/p3087825.jcwx?filterid=u0j3

Motion Pro, <$100. Fluid type, on a board. Not mercury!
they charge with oil change and filter 185.

Well, something to think about. One synch and the tool pays for itself. Read about it and see if the next time it would be worthwhile. Just think-you could do it for friends & keep the refrig filled w/beers! If they are charging $140 at the dealers that should be worth a case of beer to a friend, right?

"Maxumus," where do you live? Someone close-by should show you how to use a synch tool and help you change your own oil and filter. You can save big bucks.

C'mon, after we know where "Magnolia" is, (GA?) someone please help this guy to do some simple maintenance and start building his tool collection! Call-back the dealership and tell them you can't afford the service right now & are going to pick-up the bike.

Motul, Bel-Ray, or another motorcycle oil & a filter must be <$40 for 4 quarts, and you can get the Motion-Pro tool for about $105 shipped, so you will still be saving some significant $.

OK, here's a deal at my local store, same kit I posted the JC Whitney link to, but $75 less!
http://www.compcyclecenter.com/Part...ail.htm?productId=7724418&ez=Carb Tools&pos=2

$90 & $6 UPS ground.

The Motion Pro tool from them is $107.

Motul 5100 synthetic blend oil $33.99 from them, A Fram oil filter, typically $6.99. So, about $140 for an oil filter, synthetic blend oil, and a carb synch too.

Save $ and learn simple maintenance and then post-up.

Plus the Vmax is stupid easy to sync also....most bikes don't give dedicated ports. Usually you have to remove some plug, thread in an adapter, then hook up the gauges. And to do that, you have to have the tank off the bike to get at these plugs.

The Vmax remove four screws and voila! ready to sync.

I got lucky and there was a sync tool at my work, I'd sync the carbs once a year or after I had them off for any reason. It takes literally 15 minutes from start to finish, including warming up the engine and removing/replacing the side covers.

An oil change for the Vmax costs $20. $13 for a gallon of rotella at wally world and $6 for a filter at NAPA. That also takes less than 15 minutes.

Dealer is robbing you blind getting $185 for such basic maintenance that absolutely anybody can do.

R1 will be like an awakening to what motorcycles are supposed to handle like. Have to get used to revving it though, since even the 1000cc has a pretty much nonexistant bottom end, though top end will make the Vmax feel like it had two flat tires.

wow i had no idea that sync was alot but i need to buy the tools and have someone show me.i like the idea of the fridge full of beer too.i will look into this. got insurance quote on the new bike . gonna cost me about 650. year.full coverage.

Back