• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Black Backrest -- SOLD --

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henrysgmc

Reaction score
Black Backrest in awesome condition. Text if interested 845 283 6593 $420.00 shipped

Attachments

• 20171204_125426.jpg
    20171204_125426.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 20171204_125442.jpg
    20171204_125442.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Re: Black Backrest

$420? Don't you mean $4,200?

But seriously...is that really what you're charging?

Elimax

Not trying to be offensive, but you've been on here long-enough to know that these usually go for very decent money, especially for one that is in perfect shape. A newly-powdercoated, undamaged, good pad upholstery piece is worth what he's asking, shipped. Crummy ones needing repair, missing parts, and w/pads needing reupholstery are probably selling for $150+, and then you have to fix it. Shipping is probably $35, so $385 for a really-good shape one is probably market-price, but if you don't want to mess with getting the work done at whatever shops you can find, or you cannot do the work yourself (or some combination) it's "pay to play."

OK, I decided to see what current asking prices are, on ebay motors:
Sure, $350 would be a better price, try ebay and get ready for a Big Surprise! I checked just the prices of 4 sissy bars on there, NOT including shipping and the average price was: $502!

So, he's actually below the common market price for this desireable, sought-after accessory.

If you include shipping from the ebay sellers, the price average jumps to (ready?) $526!

henrysgmc backrest suddenly becomes a bargain, given its condition. I don't know him except from the forum, he usually has parts in good condition, and if he had something I wanted, I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him. Heck, I've bought stuff from so-many guys on here, I may have bought something from him, and forgot about it. Hey, I'm old.

$420? Don't you mean $4,200?

But seriously...is that really what you're charging?

Elimax

I apologize. I guess the sarcasm bug had bitten me pretty bad yesterday.

Elimax

Hey, you don't owe anyone an apology, but the fact you offered one tells me you're a 'stand-up guy.'

One of the issues in bikes and parts is that depending on what part of the country you're in, prices change to reflect desirability, rareness, availability, and cost-of-living. If you're on the coasts, I think prices tend to be higher, and also in Midwest or Southern large urban areas like Chicago, Houston, Dallas, Atlanta, Denver, you get the idea.

Whole bikes, non-running, can be found for the price of one of those brackets and the accessory luggage rack, as-listed on ebay motors, if you keep searching the ads, and are willing to travel. Facebook, craigslist, kiji, bargain trader, bike shop bulletin boards, word-of-mouth, they're out-there, but maybe you live in an apartment, and don't have anyplace to store a non-running bike. You could take-off what you need, and sell the rest as a whole, just to get rid of it.

Where wages are low, parts prices tend to follow, unless you choose to use the internet to sell your excess inventory.

Sean Morley might have something that's rough, & needs re-finishing, and a new pad, maybe it was repaired, but not yet finished, to be ready to be powder-coated, he might be able to cut you a decent price on one like that. CaptainKyle comes-across a lot of parts, too.

There was one on the two bikes listed for parting out a few posts down, of which I already bought :). Some spray paint and I have a pad cover from my bike club so all will be good.

Latest posts

Back