Black or ss super traps

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidwin

Reaction score
I noticed that a lot of super trapps turn yellow over time. My bike is carbon fiber and I thought about going with black but worried if that would look weird if the only other thing black were my levers. Anyway to prevent the yellowing! Min trying to modernize my 01. I replaced fork springs, handle bar, levers, rear shocks and wider tires. Exhaust is last. I had a Honda shadow with VH pipes and the bike was horrible at 80 mph. Don't want to make hat same mistake.

Thanks - Sid

I have an 02 carbon fiber with the stainless traps. Lots of the same mods you mentioned. I have no black on my bike. To remove the yellow from the traps I was using a chrome and metal polishing cream. I can't remember the name off hand. Anyway, many have told me that the yellowing is a characteristic of that brand and it's meant to turn yellow/gold. I haven't cleaned mine in a while to see if I'll like it.

All stainless systems will turn golden brown when the bike is running well and putting heat to them. But, products like blue away and other products will help get them back silver again.

Sean

A little "Kaboom" bathroom cleaner, green Scotch pad, & about 15 minutes is all it takes.

Works great for me................

Back