'blank' indicator lamp useage

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

likembikem

Reaction score
Has anyone ever thought of using the 'blank' indicator lamp area on the dash? I have thought of (1) low battery or alternator output, I could go into detail on this. or (2) a lamp the increases in intensity as the V boost come in with max brightness at full V boost. (3) when cooling fan kicks on the light could come on, as if you didn't know the fan was on, to let you know to keep an eye on the temp gage. Am I wasting time thinking about this? The fact that it is there and not used bugs me. What do ya think?

I have seen others use that location for their manual fan overide switch. You can get tiny 12V toggle switches that mount with a small circular hole, that seems to fit there ok. I have been considering putting one of the tiny switches there to control my planned LED show lighting.

Hey Likembikem,

first of all .... welcome to the V-Max Forum ! A GREAT place for V-Max owners to hang out :punk:

+1 ... if there's a place for a lamp indicator ... let's use it !! I like your #2 idea "a lamp the increases in intensity as the V boost come in with max brightness at full V boost." I'll be curious too if any other member has done something like this. Don't recall reading any prior posts on this. Could be really cool to have something like this.

yeah it would be nice to come up with something. sitting here trying to think up something elas and I got nothin!

I like that idea also........

Hey Likembikem,

first of all .... welcome to the V-Max Forum ! A GREAT place for V-Max owners to hang out :punk:

+1 ... if there's a place for a lamp indicator ... let's use it !! I like your #2 idea "a lamp the increases in intensity as the V boost come in with max brightness at full V boost." I'll be curious too if any other member has done something like this. Don't recall reading any prior posts on this. Could be really cool to have something like this.

I believe Sean is working on a digital gear indicator from a venture that fits in that location nicely. I have seen pictures of the mod done by other people as well, now if I could just find that picture.....

Latest posts

Back