Blank key for max, an extra one is a good idea

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firefly

Reaction score
http://www.motorcyclekeys.com/blanks6.html
I made a quick release build in the key so I don't damage the beloved scoop.
Get a key tht is all metal .
1- grind the head of the key in a V shape, with the wide part up.
2- Get quick steel from any auto parts store.
3- Get a quick release key chain as in the photos.
4- cut a piece of quick steel and need it to mix its contents.
5- remove the ring from the short part of the quick release key chain and attach the mixed quick steel to it getting it in all the holes.
6- place the V shaped key head on the short part of the key chain and cover the V with quick steel , try to shape it nicely not like what I did in the photo, after it dries completely you can file it or use a grinder to further clean up its shape.
7- I coated it by rubber tool handle coating or you can cover the key with aluminum foil and spray the head in any color you want.
firefly
________
Ferrari 348

Attachments

• Quick release key 002 (450 x 600).jpg
    Quick release key 002 (450 x 600).jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 48
  • Quick release key 001-copy (450 x 600).jpg
    Quick release key 001-copy (450 x 600).jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
That's a cool idea! :coolgleamA: Maybe it's time for your own forum section! :cheers00:

Yeah I have my bike key separate from my other keys. Only have a rubber key fob on it so i dont mess up the scoop.

I have a spare set of house keys and the key to my shed tha tI keep in my riding jacket

Put your spare key inside your turn signal with the bulb (put good vinyl rubber on the metal part to keep from breaking the bulb). No one would think to look there and you can get your tool kit out to get the ket if needed.

Sean Morley

Latest posts

Back