Bleed valves leaking a tiny bit?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gamorg02

Reaction score
Hey guys, i've rebuilt my caliper and am 99% sure the mating sufaces between the caliper and the bleed valve are clean. there is still a tiny bit of liquid coming out. brakes work fine and level in reservoir is good. I don't think its necessary to replace the caliper but would telfon tape be a good option here?

Oh yea this is my back brake. It also appears my squealing is gone with new EBC ORGANIC pads isntead of HH on the back. Thanks again Sean, hopefully it stays this way!

also, does anyone happen to have some extra bleeder valves I could try? looks like fronts would work as well. I don't mind throwing a few bucks at ya for them. Dealer wants $15 a piece plus would take a week. wanan see if i can get it done by the weekend.

so i cleaned off the bleeders, tightened them back down and went for a ride. only about 2 miles and very heavy on the brakes. no seepage yet. maybe it was just my imagination. either way i'd love to try out some different valves if anyone has any.

how tight do the valves typically go tho? is a small ratchet too much?

so i cleaned off the bleeders, tightened them back down and went for a ride. only about 2 miles and very heavy on the brakes. no seepage yet. maybe it was just my imagination. either way i'd love to try out some different valves if anyone has any.

how tight do the valves typically go tho? is a small ratchet too much?

I don't think they need to go very tight at all - I usually use a small spanner (wrench) and hand tight them just enough.

Also I would consider those speed-bleeders you can usually find on fleaBay - that have a small ballbearing inside so they don't allow air back in, makes it a cinch to bleed as you don't need to loosen/tighten, you just loosen it once, bleed till bubble-free, and retighten!

Right not I can't find them on fleaBay tho...

yup - that's the ones. I believe you need 2 for the rear caliper, 1 for the clutch, and 2 for the fronts if you have OEM calipers.

4 piston newer calipers are only 1 per caliper.

You absolutely want to get Speed Bleeders. They typically cost about $7.00 or so online, and make life a lot easier when you need to service brake fluid.

They're so simple to use, even I can figure them out!!

i'm thinking i'm going to do that when i switch lines out. will have to dry out the fluid as well.

Speedbleeders are indeed THE BOMB! I use 'em on my Max and my ol' 1986 FZX700 Fazer as well.

Elimax

Speedbleeders are indeed THE BOMB! I use 'em on my Max and my ol' 1986 FZX700 Fazer as well.

Elimax

i think the thread sealant will be key too that comes on them.

Latest posts

Back