Bleeding Radial Master???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

85vmax

Reaction score
Hey guys.....I just converted to busa calipers...everything went fine got some lever feel, then while bleeding the master sprung a leak at the plunger.
went ahaed and got a gsxr 600 radial master...all hooked up, been bleeding everything over and over for days and can't get a lever....no leakes anywhere.
must be a big old air bubble in there somewhere?
Any ideas....want to ride.....

I've tapped...wiggled...bled...no deal.

No mityvac......I've done the lines on all my bikes and never needed it.
When i did the calipers only, was pumped up and had a lever in no time, then the stock master plunger went....just can't get it going with the radial master.....
Don't know if it takes longer or doing something wrong.

Take the line loose at the banjo bolt, and 1st bleed only the master cylinder at the handlebars. Use your finger over the exit hole, and tons of rags to catch the dribbles. Once you have lever there, re-attach the brake line and resume bleeding at the calipers.

This technique has always worked for me, IF I forget to 'bench bleed' the handlebar assy before putting it back on the bike.

Inject fluid from below and bleed on top on the master. Like said before you need to bleed the master as well...

As Mr Weasel suggests, reverse bleeding (where you use a syringe to pump fluid into the system via the bleed nipples and take off the excess fluid out of the reservoir) would be worth trying.

My ISR's also have a bleed nipple adjacent to the M/C piston - is there anything similar on yours?

I guess another possibility is that the seals are shot?

on the HF mityvac comment. the 'store brand' metal ones look even nicer than the name brand ones. odd too that HF typically carries only their brand but carries mityvac name brand. also rustoleum.

As Mr Weasel suggests, reverse bleeding (where you use a syringe to pump fluid into the system via the bleed nipples and take off the excess fluid out of the reservoir) would be worth trying.

My ISR's also have a bleed nipple adjacent to the M/C piston - is there anything similar on yours?

I guess another possibility is that the seals are shot?

Yes I bled the nipple on the MC also....seals show no sign of leaking anywhere....but air might be getting in somewhere.....

May have to suck it up and get a mity vac like medic said.

once you remove the banjo bolt like Jfiagins said and you pump it enough to make sure it's pumping fluid you will notice pressure there, if you don't have a mityvac get a syringe from the auto parts store hook it up to the bleeder screw and pump up untill fluid comes out of the line fittings then close off the bleeder screw that should remove most of the air outa the lines, then hook the lines back to the master cylinder you should have some pressure at this point, then go through the bleeding process. hope this helps out.

I know you are referring to your front MC but something similar happened to me while bleeding my rear brakes. The rear pedal was not getting any pressure at all even though I had fluid in the reservoir. After a while I double checked the reservoir and noticed a big black rubber "washer" at the bottom of the reservoir. Yep, it was the diagphram that had been sucked earlier and maybe not by me but by the previous owner who seems to have used the Vmax and never worried about maintaining the rear brakes.:damn angry: Removed the diagphram and everything was fine afterwards.

Back