Bob Lutz on some notables of the auto world

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
Bob Lutz was the head of BMW Motorcycles. He was in that position when the car company was considering folding the motorcycle division. Fortunately, Lutz was able to bring to market for BMW the bike that ended the "BMW is an old-man's bike" belief which was the R90 S. If you know the bike, you may recall it had a cool custom for stock paint-job. The paint came in two shades: smoke-black or yellow (which was what Lutz referred-to as "egg-yolk." It was not his favorite!) It was a fade-job, something you didn't see on stock motorcycles (or cars) of the time.

Lutz pulls no punches, and while I was familiar with all of these guys, I wasn't aware of Lutz's opinion of them. There are very-famous names mentioned here, who were associated with some of the most beloved products of their times in the auto business. This makes for very-interesting reading.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a28309491/bob-lutz-the-shadiest-people-i-ever-worked-with/BMW_R90S_gold_1975.jpg
1974_bmw_r90S_black.jpg

Back