Bolt Kit.. and removing center stand

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karmakatt

Reaction score
Hi everyone.. Its been months since ive been on the VMF. Ive been riding like a Hooligan and loving every minute. I have a new Samsung Galaxy s4 phone and the VMF and Sean's site don't work well at all.. For example everything goes screwy when I try using search..
Anyhow.. Two questions..
Id like to spruce up my bolts.. I've read that Stainless is generally the way to go. Isn't there kits out there that charge xamount for all bolts on the bike?? Do stainless come in other colors as well??
2nd..
Is it fairly straight forward to remove the center stand? If I bring my toolbox and lay on the ground will it be straight forward? Its a real eye sore with Jons Slashcuts..

Ill bet there's all kinds of info but I can't use the search with this so called good phone..

Cheers

We sell stainless in standard finish and polished. Also have chrome. No colored bolts though.

RE: removing center stand
You're gonna get greasy removing that but your looks will improve, dunno about your bike's though...:biglaugh:

Jon Cornell used to sell some bolts you could slip-in to preserve the centerstand function for servicing, but you couldn't ride w/it w/his system which requires removal of the centerstand (like my UFO 4/1 Dragstar).

this shop has EVERYTHING ABOUT BOLTS even titanium for every engine , every calliper.

http://www.pro-bolt.com/vaf/product...=8&Year=1752&category=?&prodtype=499&x=22&y=6

Fuck, someone just had to post a link to another money pit I don't need but nonetheless have to have. I was quite happy with the appearance of Max up untill this point and now I'm going to have justify another bunch of $$s to my wife.

Pink, orange or red ? I hate you people :clapping:

Chris.

Fuck, someone just had to post a link to another money pit I don't need but nonetheless have to have. I was quite happy with the appearance of Max up untill this point and now I'm going to have justify another bunch of $$s to my wife.

Chris.

He he..yup..

Chris.
you are right, the first time i visited this site was by accident. i was thinking it all night :ummm::ummm::ummm: and the i decided to buy some bolts. :bang head: :bang head: :bang head: . i am adiicted now i need medicine. took some pics it is a litle dirty because i work on my bike evey day untill i finish it but here is an idea

IMAG0063.jpg

IMAG0064.jpg

IMAG0065.jpg

IMAG0066.jpg

Chris.

Its called a separate bank account. If don't have one always claim price at one third of what it actually costs:biglaugh:

Your bolts can also be powder coated (giving you a vast array of color choices)...you don't hear of it much but I do mine and it does give it a distinct look. If properly done they hold up well...look at my front wheel axel bolt & side cover bolts in below pic...
photo (8).jpg

Its called a separate bank account. If don't have one always claim price at one third of what it actually costs:biglaugh:

Her indoors monitors all bank accounts and sends me messages of blank silence whenever I spend unjustifiable money on the Max. Sometimes the silences last for days. Last period of silence was like the Luftwaffe quitting bombing London for a week. It was a welcome relief but you just knew shit was gonna rain down on your head for a month afterwards.

Chris.

Have always had separate accounts. Separate banks too. Easier that way. Hard enough to balance account when only me is using it.

When Michelle was working she had her bills to cover and I had mine, at that time I used to "fudge" prices on the big stuff. Usually cause she had no idea if I worked 40 hours or 80 hours in a week since I'm out if town so much.

Now that I'm the sole earner she doesn't ask and I rarely tell...

no job = no vote

She gets what she needs therefore leaves me alone about what I spend.

She trusts me, and I try to honor that trust by doing what's right.

I'm sure if we were struggling or if she saw priorities weren't getting taken care of it would be different tho'

I buy some of my bolts from http://www.albanycountyfasteners.com/ I been buying from them for about 5 years now. I buy mostly botton head and socket head stainless steel from them. Pricing real good to. My vmax just about all the bolts came from them. I just order carb bolts ... and the rubber manifold / intake boot screws. It's real easy to ready some of the yamaha part number's for screw sizing. If some 1 don't understand how to replace the right size bolts for there bike.

The ruler I copy from online and rap clear packing tape around it to make it last. I use the ruler to make sure I have the right length screw.

Attachments

• vmax carb bolts.jpg
    vmax carb bolts.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 14
  • vmax bolts mm.jpg
    vmax bolts mm.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 14
Update-
Didn't realize I could have used a screwdriver all this time to adjust my Stock Springs.. They turned no problem and I tried 4 off the bat. They actually were set at 3 and I found that I dreaded even small bumps. The ride is stiffer now and I can see how that may negatively effect corners and the general sensitive feeling especially at high speed but now it doesn't feel like my Max is being ridden over craters..
Now I can only imagine what PS 440's would feel like..

Update-
Bike looks cleaner without the center stand that came off in a pinch.. Looks as though that spring could be a whore to put back when the time comes.. Thanks for all the ideas with the bolt kits guys..

Get thick washers, or spare change, and bend the spring one way & then the other. Every time you bend it, slip-in a washer or coin, and your spring will increase in length so you can re-attach it. Then, just use a pair of pliers to pull out your 'spacers.'

I've never had a issue just using a long screwdriver to slip the spring down the screwdriver shaft and onto the stand. Takes just a few seconds.
I haven't used my centerstand for other than servicing since shortly after I bought my aftermarket exhaust, just didn't look right imo.

QUOTE Karmakatt:
"Update-
Didn't realize I could have used a screwdriver all this time to adjust my Stock Springs.. They turned no problem and I tried 4 off the bat. They actually were set at 3 and I found that I dreaded even small bumps. The ride is stiffer now and I can see how that may negatively effect corners and the general sensitive feeling especially at high speed but now it doesn't feel like my Max is being ridden over craters..
Now I can only imagine what PS 440's would feel like.. "
The PS 440's will be much better in every way over the stockers. They should give a firm and compliant that will keep your rear tire in better control, help you in the corners by not being too soft with better dampening and infinite control (adjustment) over the spring rate. I'm not sure how a firmer ride is going to negatively effect cornering though, unless it's too firm. Too soft would decrease ground clearance and possibly upset the chassis balance.

Latest posts

Back