Bonehead bolt rounding move...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"a veritable plethora of valves,"
All I can think now is, "Why would you tell a man eet has a PLETHORA of valves when you don't know what a PLETHORA eez?"
plethora.gif

True story, I have been planning to put a urinal in my shop for a bit. ABove the urinal will be a calendar, where the neighborhood dad's place bets on what week my wife discovers it. This wrench wisdom will be useful

There are different types of Stillson wrenches, some having the adjustable jaw threaded to be parallel to the fixed-jaw, while others have a definite acute angle and are not-parallel to the fixed jaw. Then there is the offset hex style wrench, used for finished nuts and fixtures. Think, 'Sloan valve,' commonly-used on urinals and tankless, large-dia. supply pipe fixtures for toilets.
Is a Stillson wrench not generally known as a pipe wrench. Stillson would be the original patent holders, such as Allen Key is a hexagonal key, Phillips Screwdriver is a cross head driver, and many more. I.E. you would not keep calling out the patent holders names of tools, although I admit to mixing them up with using Stillson, hex key, cross head driver and so on.

Did anyone point out the "back" of the movable jaw should always be in contact with the pipe or fitting to prevent the jaw / wrench from pinching or deforming the pipe or fitting ? As the torque is increased, the pinching effect goes up very quickly and can "oblong" whatever you're working on, especially smaller fittings and aluminum, brass or copper. Once that happens getting an air or liquid tight seal can be impossible with that assembly.

Latest posts

Back