boost problem

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lone wolf

Reaction score
Hello i`m a new member from the sunshine coast b.c. I have a 2007 max with a problem with the v boost, I have had the motor out of the bike for a partial rebuild (for ingesting a small piece of metal ,I will tell another time.) I have a flat spot @7000rpm. From 6000 to there its opening, then flat, then picks up from 8000 to 9000. carbs have been checked , the v boost cycles open, closed,and slack uptake on key turn . I have unplugged the round boost connection while the butterflies are open and away goes the flat spot, I have put in a used servo motor and no difference so can rule that out , next the control unit or the boost vac sensor are suspect ?? I have checked the vac hose, and done the cable adjustments , gotta get boosted arrrrgg! if anyone can help thanks lots!

problem solved!! i adjusted the cable box with spring inside to the back ,letting it open more ,the way it is shown on this site , very different to the manuals way of doing it and creating a larger clearance between the screw stop than the manual says ,but it is better and i am a happy rider again (think i was speeding everywhere testing)thx v.m.f.

Latest posts

Back