Born to be wild

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No thank you . I'll keep Stepphenwolfs version . I like the lyrics and it's easy to dance to . :rofl_200:

I guess Im getting old...........I prefer the stepphenwolf version too!

Honestly, that's probably the worst cover I've ever heard in my life. Take Steppenwolf, remove all tonality and inflection, then add back in generic "heavy" guitar riffs and some dork who couldn't sing his way onto a church basement stage, and you get this.
:barf:

I like most metal also, but this...just....eeewwwww. Slayer's a dying horse that needs to be taken out back and shot.

:th_biggun: Whoever this guy attempting to sing is.....
Needs to keep his Day Job.......

That looks like James Hetfield.

I like the hard stuff sometimes too, gets the blood pumpin' and makes you want to break stuff.

I love Slayer, but have hated all of their cover songs. You think that one's bad, do a search for their version of "Ina Gada Da Vida"...horrible!

ya know i was wondering why the voice never lined up

I love Slayer, but have hated all of their cover songs. You think that one's bad, do a search for their version of "Ina Gada Da Vida"...horrible!

I dunno...that cover was pretty shitty too. Tough call which is a bigger affront to the original artist.

I'm not against covers either, it's a good way to take a classic or "proven" song and put a band's unique spin or sound on it. But in cases like this....did anybody step back, listen to the original, and go "wow, we just totally shit all over that song". Apparently not.

Now, in an attempt to save this thread from bad cover musical hell.... too bad even the official video sounds like it was run through $5 speakers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVo8g7T39A4

Wow! No love for Slayer on here, eh? Ok, I'll see if I can find Bette Midler's cover of 'Born to be Wild' for you ladies...:rofl_200:

The only saving grace to that whole song/video are the all too short pics on the all too few Mopars...:damn angry:

Latest posts

Back