Bosch 3300 Alternative Oil filter

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cosmic665

Reaction score
Hello Vmax Forum;

Unfortunately I had a backyard mechanic service my motorcycle and I can see a couple of concerns with the job that he did. I would like to know if a bosch 3300 oil filter is compatible with a 2009 vmax? He used castrol High mileage synthetic blend which isn't an oil I would have ever used in my bike. I prefer Actevo motorcycle-specific synthetic blend. Also there is duct tape on the front of the fuel tank where the rear exhaust headers & heat shield meet. I had him install a L3K replacement tank and I'm not sure if the stock heat shields are going to melt the duct tape. Not to mention how tacky it looks. If you want something done right sometimes you have to do it yourself!

Hello Vmax Forum;

Unfortunately I had a backyard mechanic service my motorcycle and I can see a couple of concerns with the job that he did. I would like to know if a bosch 3300 oil filter is compatible with a 2009 vmax? He used castrol High mileage synthetic blend which isn't an oil I would have ever used in my bike. I prefer Actevo motorcycle-specific synthetic blend. Also there is duct tape on the front of the fuel tank where the rear exhaust headers & heat shield meet. I had him install a L3K replacement tank and I'm not sure if the stock heat shields are going to melt the duct tape. Not to mention how tacky it looks. If you want something done right sometimes you have to do it yourself!

*Update* I drained out all the nasty oil and put in actevo. Swapped out the oil filter with a good K&N filter. The bike has been running just fine. The mechanic did a pretty decent job overall. He just rushed through a couple areas on my bike. I have completed a SS1100 & BB1500 since. So far so good!

Hello Vmax Forum;

What do you think of the L3? I am looking at the Schwabenmax. Schwabenmax Motorradzubehoer und Motorradtuning in Premiumqualitaet. Spezialisiert auf Motorrad Tuning und Veredelung für Vmax, K1200R und K1300R. Gaswegverkuerzung fuer dein Motorrad. | Detailansicht | Der Tank an deiner Vmax 1700 ist zu klein ? Tanke 24 Liter. | Tank | Tank für Vmax 1700. 24,5 Liter |

Sheesh! Two thousand dollars ($1952 as-of today's exchange rate), before shipping/duty for a gas tank. Gotta pay to-play.

Around here you can buy a Gen. 1 needing some love but running, for that.

Back