Bought a second bike, whatcha think?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a 2018 Vmax so... I bought a f**k around/training bike for the family. Just wondering how much crap I will get when I post this beast on the forum. It’s actually a pretty fun bike for the low low price of, an after market Vmax exhaust system.
2020 TBR7 250.
Hahaha

Anyone have any experience with these Chinese bikes?

Attachments

• 82C6D692-92DD-4FA7-8740-65C119306DC7.jpeg
    82C6D692-92DD-4FA7-8740-65C119306DC7.jpeg
    213 KB · Views: 36
A China motorcycle (2).jpg
I think some of those bikes are clones of old Hondas, look up Lifan engines. Parts may be difficult to get for your Chinese bike. I like getting something used from a Japanese company and maintaining it. If you keep it from being beat to-death you may find that you get decent service from it. I might investigate putting some sort of a throttle stop on it, to keep it from being blown-up from over-revving. It comes with a kill switch, yes? If not, I'd add one and make sure the kids know to use it. The engine running WFO at the bottom of a ravine, with the bike upside-down is not gonna contribute to its longevity.

Get that kid some proper riding gear!

Last edited:
View attachment 70968
I think some of those bikes are clones of old Hondas, look up Lifan engines. Parts may be difficult to get for your Chinese bike. I like getting something used from a Japanese company and maintaining it. If you keep it from being beat to-death you may find that you get decent service from it. I might investigate putting some sort of a throttle stop on it, to keep it from being blown-up from over-revving. It comes with a kill switch, yes? If not, I'd add one and make sure the kids know to use it. The engine running WFO at the bottom of a ravine, with the bike upside-down is not gonna contribute to its longevity.

Get that kid some proper riding gear!

Yeah, they are CG clones, I think the nick name for these motors, something like the world engine, has something to do with their popularity around the planet. Going to do some mods and yeah, a throttle stop is a good idea. He will get some riding gear soon but not until he gets out of first gear, lol. As far as a Japanese used bike, that’s next. This one is so cheap, brand new, that no one has to catch any heat from me for dropping/being hard on it. I honestly don’t give a hoot. Once we are done with her, we might just try to see how long we can use and abuse the motor before she blows.
Now, this bike was step one in my evil plan to get 2-3 Japanese bikes for some trips to the local trail riding campgrounds. Wanted something easy for them to learn and take the MC test on. It should be a good teaching tool as well for the boy, make him learn some mechanic’n.

At the Cabbage Patch entertainment compound in Daytona Beach, during Bike Week, they hoist a Japanese motorcycle into the air on a crane, with the throttle wired open, and see how-long it takes to fragment. They wait, and wait... .

I expect that if the price is low-enough, you can always find a buyer. I could see where there could be a time where fixing things on it would cost more-than it's worth. That's true with the VMax, once second gear gives you trouble, the labor costs put the average owner upside-down for its cost-to-fix, vs. the value of the bike.

Nothing wrong with a cheap starter bike. I'm sure it will bring plenty of fun to your family.

I have a couple quads, and 3 dirt bikes. One of which is a play bike that was imported from England. The brand is Demon. My B.I.L. was stationed there a few years. When the air force brought him back, the bike came with. My son and his friends enjoy riding it around.

Latest posts

Back