Bought my 1st official H-D merchandise!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

max_caper

Reaction score
Saw this item and couldn't resist! It's the real deal...made in the USA!

Blaine

Attachments

• IMG_0320.jpg
    IMG_0320.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 92
Looked at a Harley Handlebar Mount Clock yesterday, $59.95 and Made in China.... Harley You've lost me... I'll buy my parts elsewhere... I'm done...:confused2: Taiwan was Bad enough....

My chihuahua runs a bit slower now but he has a louder growl. I picked up extra pee-pads in case he starts to leak! Kidding!

Blaine

Cute puppy. Bought my 1st, official Hardley thing for my old Max. Had PM brakes. I got some brake pads for peanuts from an independent bike shop. With a little work, they fit great. Saved me some big bucks if I had to get them from PM. They were made in a northern Euro country. Forgot exactly which one.

My chihuahua runs a bit slower now but he has a louder growl. I picked up extra pee-pads in case he starts to leak! Kidding!

Blaine

:rofl_200:

Cute dog, my daughter has a Jack Russell Chihuahua mix to go along with her pit bull.....The Chihuahua has a personality to say the least...

I used to keep a collection of H-D miniatures on my desk at my old job, people who knew I was into bikes but not what kind kept giving them to me....

To jack with the H-D guys at work I made some 1 inch square spill pads and put underneath the models with a few drops of oil to make it realistic:biglaugh:

:rofl_200:

Cute dog, my daughter has a Jack Russell Chihuahua mix to go along with her pit bull.....The Chihuahua has a personality to say the least...

I used to keep a collection of H-D miniatures on my desk at my old job, people who knew I was into bikes but not what kind kept giving them to me....

To jack with the H-D guys at work I made some 1 inch square spill pads and put underneath the models with a few drops of oil to make it realistic:biglaugh:

The spill pads under the miniatures is an awesome idea! Thanks!

And thanks for the doggy compliments. We got him from the rescue 4 days ago. The lady who was fostering him used to tuck all 4 pounds of him inside her bike jacket and take him for rides on her cruiser! I think I'll try that after he gets more used to us. He gets along well with my other dog, a Jack Russell terrorist!

Blaine

Blaine

That's funny stuff. The mini harleys with the oil soaked spill pads is awesome....may have to do that.... I don't buy anything with a bar and shield. They are all about american made until you look at some of their other merchandise. Thanks anyway HD.

Well I have to put in a good work for the H-D Museum in Milwaukee. Admission to it is the only thing I have recently purchased from the H-D empire. The staff are knowlegeable and courteous, and have obviously been well-trained in customer service. The displays are well-worth the cost of admission, and since things are rotated in and out, and the displays change, the next time you go you will see something different from the last time.

Never having owned a H-D, I am not their favorite customer, but since I have a bike ownership history, "it's never too-late!" I once came very close to buying a slightly-used Evo Lowrider 4 yrs. after they were introduced, owned by a wheelin' & dealin' friend, but another friend was selling a 1 y.o. Yamaha 1000 cc sportbike, an FZR1000 w/< 3K mi, & I bought that instead. I liked it so-much I still own and ride it.

If I came across the right deal on a used Big Twin, I might get it, but my wife would only understand if I sold one of my other bikes promptly. That's OK, I don't ride as-much as I used to. I have been to East Troy WI, formerly home of Buell, and his bikes are to my taste more of what I value in a bike, as long as we are speaking of the 1125R. His new racer isn't of any use to me, but I have seen some 1125's heavily discounted here in FL.

The Magpul Ronin? My idea of a nice-lookin' bike, but I am afraid the seating/riding position is not what I am looking for at this time, to say nothing of the price!
http://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/motorcycle-news/50-50-limited-production-chance-for-magpul-ronin-ar86869.html

The collar of choice for my dog? Not a H-D-emblazoned one. As the NFL players say at the beginning of the game when they announce their college affiliation, "The U!"

Attachments

• May 2011 Milwaukee-April HPFFA 045.jpg
    May 2011 Milwaukee-April HPFFA 045.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 8
  • May 2011 Milwaukee-April HPFFA 076.jpg
    May 2011 Milwaukee-April HPFFA 076.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 9
  • May 2011 Milwaukee-April HPFFA 082.jpg
    May 2011 Milwaukee-April HPFFA 082.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 9
  • May 2011 Milwaukee-April HPFFA 100.jpg
    May 2011 Milwaukee-April HPFFA 100.jpg