Boy, Did I ever screw up

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RVAVMAX

Reaction score
Long story (Sorta)

I was about out of gas last night when I got home frmo work and didn't feel like stopping at the station. So I figured I would put a gallon in her this morning and get more gas at lunch. Anyway, I have this "no spill" gas can that has this spring loaded nozzle that has this little cap at the end so it doesnt spill unless you pull the nozzle down. So I put all of the gass in the tank and push the nozzle thing up to close it and the end cap flies ofo of the can and where does it go? RIGHT INTO THE EFWORDING GAS TANK!!! So now, I need to know where I can find documentation on how to remove the tank so I can fish this thing out of it, or dump the tank over and hope it falls out (along with my gas!). Thank you in advance.

Signed,
I'm an idiot. :bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::damn angry:

Could you reach in the tank with a pair of forceps (from your local pharmacy) and grab it? Probably wishful thinking...but if it floats?

I dont think it floats but I'm not really sure. I think I just need to get the tank out or find a better access point to fish it out. Can I pull the fuel pump access thing and have a larger space to work with? I'm new to this bike and haven't even taken the seat off.

mechanical fingers tere a few feet long with a thumb know you p the thumb knob on the other end the 4 fingers open up then release the knob and the fingers close

mechanical fingers tere a few feet long with a thumb know you p the thumb knob on the other end the 4 fingers open up then release the knob and the fingers close

I thought about that but is there anything in there that could be damaged if I grab it with the little wire fingers?

Long story (Sorta)

I was about out of gas last night when I got home frmo work and didn't feel like stopping at the station. So I figured I would put a gallon in her this morning and get more gas at lunch. Anyway, I have this "no spill" gas can that has this spring loaded nozzle that has this little cap at the end so it doesnt spill unless you pull the nozzle down. So I put all of the gass in the tank and push the nozzle thing up to close it and the end cap flies ofo of the can and where does it go? RIGHT INTO THE EFWORDING GAS TANK!!! So now, I need to know where I can find documentation on how to remove the tank so I can fish this thing out of it, or dump the tank over and hope it falls out (along with my gas!). Thank you in advance.

Signed,
I'm an idiot. :bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::damn angry:

You could pull it right out with a booger picker and a flash light.

Removing the tank is a big chore. I would try everything else before resorting to that. I have attached instructions for removing if nothing else works. If you do remove the tank, it would be a good time to treat it with the KBS Coatings motorcycle tank sealant kit or alternative.

Attachments

• Gas Tank Removal.doc
    22.5 KB · Views: 11
How bout some guuum at the end of a stick. That's the way we do it down home:rofl_200: Be quick though or you'll have gum at the bottom of the tank also.

The mechinics "grabbers ' should save the day--- They have saved my butt a few times.
Lew

Back