Boy did I get screwed

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAGLEPI

Reaction score
On April 1, 2016 I drove from ND to Montana to buy my 2015 Vmax. I paid him in cash he took the title and signed it over to me and had it notarized. I left with the bike and title but after a week I still didn't get the release of lien.

To this day I have been told that it's in the mail on it's way to him. He financed it through Yamaha and they used Capital One . So I could understand a big company like that would be slow but a month later I find out that the previous owner didn't pay off the loan for 2 weeks after I paid him in cash.

The bike is a great bike but oh boy and I pissed off. I should get the release of lien within a week. He says Capital One told him it takes 3 weeks to get the release of lien. He waited 2 weeks to pay off the loan so that is one reason why I still don't have a release of lien

What kind of person does crap like that? :bang head:

Yeah I hear ya now I feel like an Idiot as well. I know I will get the release of lien for sure but to have to wait a month sucks.

Yeah I hear ya now I feel like an Idiot as well. I know I will get the release of lien for sure but to have to wait a month sucks.

You shouldn't feel like an idiot. Its the seller that didnt live up to their end of the bargain.

It can also be the buyer.

In Wisconsin, bike tabs are for two years, and you get your notices in March - They are due in April.

In May 2014 I sold my Sportster, and in August of 2014 I sold my BMW Rockster

In March of 2016 I get tab renewal notices for both bikes, which means the assbags never transferred the titles - in a year and a half!

It can also be the buyer.

In Wisconsin, bike tabs are for two years, and you get your notices in March - They are due in April.

In May 2014 I sold my Sportster, and in August of 2014 I sold my BMW Rockster

In March of 2016 I get tab renewal notices for both bikes, which means the assbags never transferred the titles - in a year and a half!

That is why I feel like a Idiot, I'm a retired PI I know how to read people, I was the bike and with all the extras it was a great deal so that is all I could think of. Asking if there was a lien on the title On the way home I noticed that there was a lien holder which was Capital One, So I called the owner and asked out it and he said he was going to pay it off on Monday, it was about 4 PM Friday.

He invited me into his house and I spoke to his gf and his dad so I was thinking this guy is a nice guy and the bike is the bomb. The part that bugs me to no end is how the jerk took my cash and then he must not have had enough to pay it off,otherwise he was so f***ing irresponsible

In less than 2 weeks for sure I will have the release of lien and I can register the VMAX. His dad is on his ass too it makes him look like he raised a punk. He called me and told me he was sorry, his kid the previous owner was a spoiled little punk who most likely got anything he ever wanted from his mom or day.

He stopped taking my calls or text messages about a week ago.

Let this be a lesson to anyone one of you who want to trust someone. Trust but verify

I hope it all works out for you, and you have many trouble free miles on the new Vmax.

It took me over two months to get my bike legally tagged. Same kind of crap but electronic title so no paperwork was even available in hand.

I'm pretty sure you can still put it on the road tho, defeats the lien free title

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the kind words. I am sure things will workout and I will enjoy it and once U+I get it registered I plan to get it all cleaned up and I will post some pic's here. I know I could be doing that now but until I get that release of lien I am not motivated.

Thanks again
Ron

It will all workout I'm sure. Unfortunate for certain.
Patience is a vulture or virgin or vitur-----well something with a "V" dammit-hell maybe it's a "VMAX"- I'm happy you have you one--:th_party39:

It will all workout I'm sure. Unfortunate for certain.
Patience is a vulture or virgin or vitur-----well something with a "V" dammit-hell maybe it's a "VMAX"- I'm happy you have you one--:th_party39:

Yeah you'd think I was a kid in a candy store and wanted it NOW!!

Heck I've owned 7 VMAX's over the years, I'm Old........lol.

this is the first Gen 2 and from what I hear it is a beast.

Plus the extras that this VMAX has should make it a nasty beast....lol

I can wait to feel the difference between the Gen 1 & Gen 2's Hell I thought my Gen 1's were the most powerful bike I had ever driven before.

So I am excited to have this 2015 VMAX and want it now.!!!!! :eusa_dance:

That is why I feel like a Idiot, I'm a retired PI I know how to read people, I was the bike and with all the extras it was a great deal so that is all I could think of. Asking if there was a lien on the title On the way home I noticed that there was a lien holder which was Capital One, So I called the owner and asked out it and he said he was going to pay it off on Monday, it was about 4 PM Friday.

He invited me into his house and I spoke to his gf and his dad so I was thinking this guy is a nice guy and the bike is the bomb. The part that bugs me to no end is how the jerk took my cash and then he must not have had enough to pay it off,otherwise he was so f***ing irresponsible

In less than 2 weeks for sure I will have the release of lien and I can register the VMAX. His dad is on his ass too it makes him look like he raised a punk. He called me and told me he was sorry, his kid the previous owner was a spoiled little punk who most likely got anything he ever wanted from his mom or day.

He stopped taking my calls or text messages about a week ago.

Let this be a lesson to anyone one of you who want to trust someone. Trust but verify
bought a truck with a lien on it once. went to the credit union where he banked, paid THEM the $$$$ and walked out with the title in hand. just a thought for future purchases. hope this plays out well for you soon.
later, bill

You'll relive that "kid in the candy store" moment the first time you twist that gen2's throttle to the stop. I have had the distinct pleasure of riding two gen2's ('09 in '09 and '10 in '13), the '09 was a demo ride and the '10 had a guru flash with a midpipe which was an exhilarating experience after coming off my '92. Thank you Jeff for that chance!

bought a truck with a lien on it once. went to the credit union where he banked, paid THEM the $$$$ and walked out with the title in hand. just a thought for future purchases. hope this plays out well for you soon.
later, bill

Yeah afterwards I thought about how dumb I was. I've bought and sold more than 10 motorcycles in my life, 7 were Gen 1 VMAX.

I'm just glad that I have a title signed over to me and notarized and the VMAX is in my Minnesota garage and not at that Idiot's house in Montana.

I'll get the release of lien, the jerk just didn't tell me he planned on not paying off the load he had on the VMAX for 2 weeks. The funny thing about it was I bought the bike on April 1, 2016...........lol

You'll relive that "kid in the candy store" moment the first time you twist that gen2's throttle to the stop. I have had the distinct pleasure of riding two gen2's ('09 in '09 and '10 in '13), the '09 was a demo ride and the '10 had a guru flash with a midpipe which was an exhilarating experience after coming off my '92. Thank you Jeff for that chance!

Yes I owned 7 VMAX's Those 7 VMAX's had BALLS... hope I don't soil my seat when I crack the throttle.....LOL I drove it off the trailer and into my garage. I spose I could take it out with his plates and the title but I'll wait until I register the Montana title and get my Minnesota title and Minnesota plates that will say
"MYVMAX"
Then I will ride as often as I can.

The only thing I hated about the Gen 1's was the seat, I couldn't take it out and ride it for more than 30 minutes without having a set of numb nuts:rofl_200:

Hope they made the 2015 VMAX seat better

Yes I owned 7 VMAX's Those 7 VMAX's had BALLS... hope I don't soil my seat when I crack the throttle.....LOL I drove it off the trailer and into my garage. I spose I could take it out with his plates and the title but I'll wait until I register the Montana title and get my Minnesota title and Minnesota plates that will say
"MYVMAX"
Then I will ride as often as I can.

The only thing I hated about the Gen 1's was the seat, I couldn't take it out and ride it for more than 30 minutes without having a set of numb nuts:rofl_200:

Hope they made the 2015 VMAX seat better
Yes it is much better in my limited riding of them. In fact it inspired me to ask Sean to redo my seat with a flatter profile which has proven to be very comfortable. The Gen2's seat seem very firm compared to my Gen1, but it was not uncomfortable in the halhour or so ride I took. The '09 FJR seat felt very much like the '09 Gen2 I demo'd.
Even the touring bikes like FJR's have their riders outfitting them with custom seats from Seargent or Russel or even a Corbin on some of the Super Tenere's I've seen on Adv Rider.

Yes it is much better in my limited riding of them. In fact it inspired me to ask Sean to redo my seat with a flatter profile which has proven to be very comfortable. The Gen2's seat seem very firm compared to my Gen1, but it was not uncomfortable in the halhour or so ride I took. The '09 FJR seat felt very much like the '09 Gen2 I demo'd.
Even the touring bikes like FJR's have their riders outfitting them with custom seats from Seargent or Russel or even a Corbin on some of the Super Tenere's I've seen on Adv Rider.

I think I had Sean do my last VMAX 2007's seat..and it made a difference, Trying to remember and thinking he did. If I had anyone do it Sean was the go to guy for me too he did a lot of chrome and carb work for me..

It's a real pain when the bank is not local. I bought a car once and went through the same headache. Only it took a couple of months, not just a few weeks.
Never again....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Back