Boycott Progressive Insurance

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope its propaganda. I have Progressive, and only pay $99 a year for full coverage on my vmax!

No offence to anyone on this forum, but IMHO..........USAA SUCKS GREEN DONKEY DI#KS. "Best deal, best service" - same here - until we had a major loss.

Those F#@$kers spent more money figuring out how to save themselves a couple grand (aka: screwing us)than they would have made off my wife & I's various transactions with them had they kept us as customers.

Shorted me over $5500 on a total loss to the RV when the tornado blew through our back yard back in 08. IMO, 'replacement cost' means I get to go buy an identical RV to the one I lost, that was one of several upon time of loss. To USAA, it meant they pay some 3rd party to lowball the chit out of me.

We moved ALL our business, including insurance, credit cards, and loans to other financial institutions after they screwed us. Never again.

My wife dropped her Progressive policy the next time it came due as well. I didn't have any Progressive - but they were never competitive in pricing anyway, whenever I had gotten quotes in the past.

Amazing. I have nothing but good to say about USAA, but then I never had to make a claim. Thanks for sharing your experience, it shows once again that no matter who they are, insurances are always out to screw us..

Insurance is like betting, they bet they can take your money and not pay out. When it comes time to pay out they are losing the bet. So like Vegas, house rules many suck but do not go with out it. My wife was in a wreck the other week and thank god we had insurance to cover the medical on my daughter and the other people, my wife was ruled at fault. I have State Farm and I know my rates are going to jump because of her wreck, but again it is the house rules. All insurance company's suck you just need to find one you can live with. And yes some are worse than others.

My only issue with Progressive, and keep in mind this was 7-8 years ago...
They may quote me 35+55+65+75+136+220 for 6 bikes.
However they have?/had a 90 per bike as minimum. therefore they wanted to charge me 90+90+90+90+136+220

Other than that they had good rates and service. Probably would never notice/know this if you only had one or two newer bikes with them.

I laid my Max down the other day. Adjuster was out the very next day, and was about the coolest/most liberal adjuster I'd ever dealt with. The damage to my bike was

-bent handlebar
-broken throttle sleeve
-scraped up front right blinker
-scraped up right exhaust can
-highway peg snapped off crash bar
-teensy bit of rash on the right scoop's edge

I drove it home, nothing major.

The adjuster gave me full retail cost of a new scoop, plus the rate on Sean's website for re-chroming. Dale Walker doesn't make the slip-on cans, so he handed me a box of bike catalogs and just said to pick out a new set of cans I liked and tell him the price. Supertrapps, $450. My helmet never hit the ground, I said I thought I felt a bump, BAM, $390 for a new helmet. Small tear in jacket, $200. On and on. If he couldn't find a price, he just asked me what it would cost to fix and went with that.

So I'm getting $1500 for bike damage, and another $600 for new gear. I'll probably replace the exhaust cans, handlebar, the highway pegs, and the blinkers. The other stuff is so minor as that I'd rather just pocket the money.

Progressive pays, and pays well. More than I can say about any other insurance dealings, usually it's pulling teeth to get the most major damage covered and nigh impossible for the more minor stuff. This, he was practically throwing money at me.

I laid my Max down the other day. Adjuster was out the very next day, and was about the coolest/most liberal adjuster I'd ever dealt with. The damage to my bike was

-bent handlebar
-broken throttle sleeve
-scraped up front right blinker
-scraped up right exhaust can
-highway peg snapped off crash bar
-teensy bit of rash on the right scoop's edge

I drove it home, nothing major.

The adjuster gave me full retail cost of a new scoop, plus the rate on Sean's website for re-chroming. Dale Walker doesn't make the slip-on cans, so he handed me a box of bike catalogs and just said to pick out a new set of cans I liked and tell him the price. Supertrapps, $450. My helmet never hit the ground, I said I thought I felt a bump, BAM, $390 for a new helmet. Small tear in jacket, $200. On and on. If he couldn't find a price, he just asked me what it would cost to fix and went with that.

So I'm getting $1500 for bike damage, and another $600 for new gear. I'll probably replace the exhaust cans, handlebar, the highway pegs, and the blinkers. The other stuff is so minor as that I'd rather just pocket the money.

Progressive pays, and pays well. More than I can say about any other insurance dealings, usually it's pulling teeth to get the most major damage covered and nigh impossible for the more minor stuff. This, he was practically throwing money at me.

Well first, Glad you weren't hurt.
Second, Sweeeeeeet :clapping:
Third, I still have the stock handlebars in my garage, your welcome to it if you want.

Thanks, I already ordered another bar from Python, should be here in a couple days. I drove it 150 miles today with them still bent. Annoying, but still driveable.

Some scraped up knuckles were all I got out of it since I had my 1/2 finger gloves on that day. Shoulder was a bit sore the next morning but I've had much worse, I'm certainly not complaining. The jacket and my leg armor took the brunt of it.

Was the typical "whoops, didn't see you". Some 80 year old guy with a handicap placard and an oxygen bottle pulled out of a....wait for it....RITE AID. I swerved into the other lane to avoid him, but between a car oncoming in that lane(had it cranked hard back toward my lane), and the car in front suddenly stopping short to let someone else pull out, I couldn't manage it. Needed too much brake at too much lean angle, I locked the front wheel and it slid right out onto the right side.

Since I didn't actually hit the other car, no. I got a copy of the "incident" report, but all that says is the officers info, my info, and the location. Cop said I could request a copy from DMV in "7-10 days".

The other guy admitted fault and was ticketed, cop said she would put this in the notes section of the report.

Progressives online claims tracker updated today and said I'll be getting $1676 out of this(after deductible) Once they get the police report, I should get the $500 back.

Don't tell the mod monkey.

Back