Bracing the swing arm?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firefly

Reaction score
Can anyone who has done this mod comment on it?
What did the bike do to require bracing of the swing arm and how does it feel after doing the bracing.
I would also appreciate some links to sites that do bracing
Thanks
Firefly
________
Honda Wave series specifications

Last edited:
See My post under "Wheels and tires" Me-880 topic.
The braced swing arm does help the frame flexing
problem, but the Frame braces are a bigger gain for
the buck. I did both on my max, and I think the frame
braces did more to help the handling than the braced swingarm did. I would go with frame braces first, Also
go to stiffer fork springs. Progressive or works performance, It does'nt matter, just get the ball point
pen like stock springs out of the bike.

djmachinist said:
See My post under "Wheels and tires" Me-880 topic.
The braced swing arm does help the frame flexing
problem, but the Frame braces are a bigger gain for
the buck. I did both on my max, and I think the frame
braces did more to help the handling than the braced swingarm did. I would go with frame braces first, Also
go to stiffer fork springs. Progressive or works performance, It does'nt matter, just get the ball point
pen like stock springs out of the bike.

I do have racetech springs /emulator and rear works shocks, which frame bracing did you go with, I really don't like the kind that crosses the engine, do they cause increased vibration?
Thanks

Last edited:
firefly said:
Can anyone who has done this mod comment on it?
What did the bike do to require bracing of the swing arm and how does it feel after doing the bracing.
I would also appreciate some links to sites that do bracing
Thanks
Firefly
Ibrahim,I gussetted my frame in the rear where the driveshaft goes through the frame.Braced the swingarm and went with solid venture mounts.I did all three things at once so I can't tell you how much better each is.No more flexing like a wet noodle under power in turns with mine till 130 or so weaving through traffic.Frame braces are next for me. Shawn

I never liked the look of frame braces, hides too much of the motor. It's too bad gusseting the frame wasn't enough. Sounds like a proper frame has to be designed. I remember a few years ago, someone posted on the lists to see if there was any interest for an aftermarket frame, but there didn't see to be any.

Buster Hymen said:
I never liked the look of frame braces, hides too much of the motor. It's too bad gusseting the frame wasn't enough. Sounds like a proper frame has to be designed. I remember a few years ago, someone posted on the lists to see if there was any interest for an aftermarket frame, but there didn't see to be any.
I do like the look of the oval shaped aluminum ones exactrep sells.Big bucks though.

I have the Walker Holeshot braces that do cross the
engine. They bolt on to the frame. Some others weld
on. The welded type should do a better job, but I did
not want to weld on the frame. They sure took the
rubberband feel out of the bike.

Back