Braided Clutch Cable Opinions

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ost85vmax

Reaction score
Last year I rebuilt and powdered my masters. I reinstalled them and had a hell of a time to bleed out my clutch. After figuring that I had to bleed the master first and then the line I had better results but either way I dont know if this was the answer or was it just the hours spent bleeding, and bleeding, ect. Of course (this is the crappy part) I forgot to put in the braided clutch line that I had on hand. So..

Is it worth is to do it all over again with the braided line? I know for brakes it makes quite a difference but I am looking for opinions on how a braided clutch line affects lever pull/feel and just overall operation. I am contemplating doing it all over again and just leaving it..

Thanks

Save yourself some trouble & buy a meat marinator needle $3.00 any grocery store. Fill it w/ brak fluid hook the hose from the siringe to the bleeder(opend) open the master cover & push VERY SLOWLY or youll make a mess .Youll see the air bubbles coming out into the master. Will take a whole 5 mins if done correctly & no hassle
You can also do this w/ the brakes

Does anyone have any input as to the advantages of having a braided clutch cable? Does it improve clutch feel as it does for brakes?

NHV- I just did the busa brake upgrade on the front and have to bleed them so I will give that a try. Seems like a pretty logical way to reverse bleed in that manner, and if all goes well then swap the clutch cable while I am at it.

I have the braided clutch and brake cables and other than looks and durability don't see the gain for the clutch. Doesn't have the potential for swelling like the brake cable as it doesn't get the pressure that a hard application of the brakes does.

I have a braided clutch line, didnt see a benefit, but it wont wear out, and it matches the braided brake lines (big benefit with those).

Def a marginal gain but slightly better feel and of course visual looks to match the braided brake lines. The other thing you can do for a small improvement is get the bearing mod parts for the lever to make it smoother pull and less play. I do have those parts on hand now too.

Sean

Back