Braided Hoses - D.I.Y.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gleno

Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody has had experience fitting Stainless Steel Braid to hose line?

I have a few ideas but I've got no idea how to fit and secure the braid. Can anybody provide a web reference / link? or general guidelines for securing braid?

Attachments

• ssb.jpeg
    ssb.jpeg
    60.2 KB · Views: 4
There are a ton of options out there. It depends if you want just the look or an actual braided hose. There are sleeves made that look like the braided line (stage seven jet kit uses one).

Aeroquip is just one of many manufacturers: http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?N=700+115+300079&D=300079

Sean

Thanks for the reply Sean. I'm really looking at options. I'm trying to determine whether I can use braid to dress some of the coolant and breather lines i.e. rubber hose) and I want to experiment with using it to sleeve exhaust pipes.

I can buy the braid but don't know what techniques and fittings are used to secure the braid.

Usually the braided line coverings are either taped on the ends (works very well when cutting them to length too) or you can use heat shrink on the ends. Both of those methods work well to keep it from fraying. Then they generally hose clamp it and put a special cover on the end to simulate the look of real line.

If you use the real stuff you usually have special fittings that fit over the ends and tighen up on the hose section as you snug it onto the fittings you are connecting the ends to.

Sean Morley

Usually the braided line coverings are either taped on the ends (works very well when cutting them to length too) or you can use heat shrink on the ends. Both of those methods work well to keep it from fraying. Then they generally hose clamp it and put a special cover on the end to simulate the look of real line.

If you use the real stuff you usually have special fittings that fit over the ends and tighen up on the hose section as you snug it onto the fittings you are connecting the ends to.

Sean Morley

This is what I want to do with the breather hose when I go Stage 6.5 next weekend.

can a guy buy the actual braided hose by the foot and get fittings and make your own braided lines or are the extremely expensive model specific ones the only option?

I believe you can buy the braided hose from summit racing by the foot anysize

Back