Braided stainless brake line question.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GA VMax

Reaction score
Looking to do the braided ss cable upgrade on my Max. From everything I have read, it seems to be the no-brainer thing to do as a brake upgrade over stock. The only thing I am vacillating over is on the front brakes, do I want the two lines from the master cylinder or one line to the 'splitter'. Does anyone have any pictures of the two line to the master cylinder setup? I'm just not sure how that will look.

Re: Braided stainless steel cable question.

Looking to do the braided ss cable upgrade on my Max. From everything I have read, it seems to be the no-brainer thing to do as a brake upgrade over stock. The only thing I am vacillating over is on the front brakes, do I want the two lines from the master cylinder or one line to the 'splitter'. Does anyone have any pictures of the two line to the master cylinder setup? I'm just not sure how that will look.

I dont have any pics on hand but I have the two line and I think it looks just fine

I dont have any pics on hand but I have the two line and I think it looks just fine
I have seen some picturs and two lines look great. I have the Galfer SS line (2 line style) that I will be mounting along with a SS clutch line. I will post pictures when I have it done.

2 lines are easier to bleed!

Go with 2!

Chris

they aren't bad to bleed with the right tools but not as easy as 2 line stuff. I sell HEL lines which come in a ton of colors and options. It will save you some money by going with the 2 line system too.

Sean

they aren't bad to bleed with the right tools but not as easy as 2 line stuff. I sell HEL lines which come in a ton of colors and options. It will save you some money by going with the 2 line system too.

Sean

email sent! I need to replace my stock length black lines with some that are 2 inches shorter to compensate for the 2" drop.

Chris

I have the two line and I like the looks of the single line better even though it is harder to bleed. I have a Mity-Vac so it would not be a huge problem. One line just looks cleaner in my opinion.

You can do either but it's an extra few ounces. Might not be able to keep the front end on the ground with the loss of the weight lol! Whoops, Maybe I need to fill mine with lead.

Sean

Sean

Sean hooked me up with the Galfer single line setup and I thought they were easy to bleed, I also did the rear brake and clutch lines too. At the same time, I did switch out my front calipers for 2002 R1 caliper setup. Its a sweet setup for sure! I used a mityvac for all my bleeding with ease.

The two line system looks and works great but my mechanic when he installed it at first had a bitch of a time bleeding it. The problem is at the resevoir. You have two lines stacking on each other and have to loosten them to get the last air bubbles out. N o amount of pumping got the air out at the caliper. A call to a Galfer tech rep put us to the resevoir fitting and loosening that got the last air out. Superb brake response afterwards and should be a standard installation.

I went with the single line to the splitter after I seen the 2 line setup on a bike and did not like the way the 2 lines looked. No problem bleeding the lines.

I'm just about to do the R1 upgrade on my '85.....

Blue spot calipers
Braided 2 line setup
Wavy R1 discs
Caliper adapter bracket

I'm thinking of changing the master cylinder for a remote-type (R1) one, same goes for the clutch side. Any reasons for/against this?

Another good thing with double lines is that "when" you want to upgrade to USD you can maintain the setup. otherwise if you cannot fit the splitter on the new triples you gonna need new hoses...

I agree about the bleeding, "I chose the 3pc kit because I didn't like the look of the two lines hooked up at the master", But I found the 3pc set bleed super easy with a power bleeder from Harbor Freight, about 30 bucks" Now I use it on every brake job works great!

Back