brake/clutch levers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimble

Reaction score
i need to change my levers as they are to far out from the grips.I've looked on e-bay but cannot seem to find any that do ones for an 89 model only later.Anyone bought any and got an address for me would be good.thanks

I have something very similar to those but mine have the ability to fold up in case the bike should drop. The adjusters are available in different colours to match your bike as well. I'll try and find where I got them from and post a link.

Chris.

I bought a similar pair off ebay. On mine, the brake lever did not have the indent where the spring fits in and the spring would keep slipping out. Others have said they had no problem with the springs. In any case, I really needed to only change the clutch lever as oem was bent.

I bought a similar pair off ebay. On mine, the brake lever did not have the indent where the spring fits in and the spring would keep slipping out. Others have said they had no problem with the springs. In any case, I really needed to only change the clutch lever as oem was bent.

I've got a brand new pair sitting on the shelf due to that very problem with the spring not staying in. I drilled a hole but it's not up to scratch as far as I'm concerned. I'm using stock but will look at those that DMANN999 posted about.

Matt

I've got a brand new pair sitting on the shelf due to that very problem with the spring not staying in. I drilled a hole but it's not up to scratch as far as I'm concerned. I'm using stock but will look at those that DMANN999 posted about.

Matt

I have those that Dmann999 posted. The spring just sits in there....but havent had an issue with it popping out...etc.

So, I feel like an idiot, but what does the adjustment in the lever actually do? Bring the lever closer to the handlebar? Reduce pull length?

Dman man what am - I going to do with you, funny The levers are they the some length as the stock 1's. Man just bought new vmax stock levers.

If they are, I will buy a pair now. Dman can you buy my new stocks from me. Because you are making me buy these... funny.
LOL
Yes, they are almost identical in length to the stock levers and mine actually fit better (they have less play in them) than the stock levers I replaced.
It's a shame that you just bought new stock levers.
I still have a set of stock levers and I'm Really happy with the look and feel of these adjustable levers.

Attachments

• Adjustable_Clutch_Lever.jpg
    Adjustable_Clutch_Lever.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 114
LOL
Yes, they are almost identical in length to the stock levers and mine actually fit better (they have less play in them) than the stock levers I replaced.
It's a shame that you just bought new stock levers.
I still have a set of stock levers and I'm Really happy with the look and feel of these adjustable levers.

Thanks D-the man 999 times for the pictures that helps a lot.

Dman I order them last night should be here in a few days.

Hello.
tell numbers which are written on adapters of levers of a brake and a clutch for 2004.
I can't find.
Thanks.

thanks.
but I it know.
I ordered on EBAY two times and both times sent not suitable.
Here also I want to write to the seller what arms have to be.

Here is the yamaha number for the brake lever. 1FK-83922-00-00
Clutch lever. 1FK-83912-01-00

Is that what your looking for?

thanks.
but it not that.
I need numbers which on a photo I led round a circle.
need for a brake and clutch

Back