Brake & Clutch Lines

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrutMAX

Reaction score
I'm going to replace the front and rear brake lines along with the clutch line on my 2018 with Spiegler stainless steel lines. Is there anything different I need to do concerning the ABS? Is it the same bleeding procedure as non-ABS? Any tips or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

I'm going to replace the front and rear brake lines along with the clutch line on my 2018 with Spiegler stainless steel lines. Is there anything different I need to do concerning the ABS? Is it the same bleeding procedure as non-ABS? Any tips or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

It is the same as non ABS. There is a procedure described in the manual to do at the end, which involves using a jumper to activate the ABS module and then top off the reservoirs. I don't think it's a mandatory step however.

Have you already purchased the lines? Russell was the first to come out with a kit specific to the VMax and I've been very happy with them. In fact I bought another set for my current VMax that I haven't had a chance to install yet.

It is the same as non ABS. There is a procedure described in the manual to do at the end, which involves using a jumper to activate the ABS module and then top off the reservoirs. I don't think it's a mandatory step however.

Have you already purchased the lines? Russell was the first to come out with a kit specific to the VMax and I've been very happy with them. In fact I bought another set for my current VMax that I haven't had a chance to install yet.

Thanks! Yes, I just read about that procedure in the service manual. I'm blessed my wife bought me the lines, this bike was a retirement present from my kids and between them and my wife if I mention a mod I want to do they collaborate in making sure I get it. I had an 06 and sold it in 08 to help my son , he never forgot how much I loved that bike, between him, my daughter, his step-brother, and my wife they bought me my dream bike when I retired from Federal service last year.

I've got Galfers available as well (but not sure if I have a set on hand at the moment).

I'm blessed my wife bought me the lines, this bike was a retirement present from my kids and between them and my wife if I mention a mod I want to do they collaborate in making sure I get it. I had an 06 and sold it in 08 to help my son , he never forgot how much I loved that bike, between him, my daughter, his step-brother, and my wife they bought me my dream bike when I retired from Federal service last year.

WOW! What a great family story! Awesome!

Did you ever get this done? I've changed the front brake & clutch lines but the rear brake line kit I have is from Galfer & their fittings have me scratching my head. There has to be a break somewhere between the ABS module & the caliper & master cylinder but the service manual doesn't show it. Front brakes were easy. They connect right above the radiator on the left side. I don't see anything like that out back around the frame.

Nevermind...found it. The two rubber covers on the lines are covering the joints.

Attachments

• 20230826_145537.jpg
    20230826_145537.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back