Brake & Clutch Lines

Discussion in 'Brakes' started by BrutMAX, Sep 25, 2019.

Help Support VMAX Motorcycle Forum by donating:

1. Sep 25, 2019 #1

BrutMAX

BrutMAX

BrutMAX

Member Supporting Member

I'm going to replace the front and rear brake lines along with the clutch line on my 2018 with Spiegler stainless steel lines. Is there anything different I need to do concerning the ABS? Is it the same bleeding procedure as non-ABS? Any tips or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

2. Sep 25, 2019 #2

Itgoes

Itgoes

Itgoes

Well-Known Member Supporting Member

It is the same as non ABS. There is a procedure described in the manual to do at the end, which involves using a jumper to activate the ABS module and then top off the reservoirs. I don't think it's a mandatory step however.

Have you already purchased the lines? Russell was the first to come out with a kit specific to the VMax and I've been very happy with them. In fact I bought another set for my current VMax that I haven't had a chance to install yet.

BrutMAX likes this.
  3. Sep 25, 2019 #3

BrutMAX

BrutMAX

BrutMAX

Member Supporting Member

Thanks! Yes, I just read about that procedure in the service manual. I'm blessed my wife bought me the lines, this bike was a retirement present from my kids and between them and my wife if I mention a mod I want to do they collaborate in making sure I get it. I had an 06 and sold it in 08 to help my son , he never forgot how much I loved that bike, between him, my daughter, his step-brother, and my wife they bought me my dream bike when I retired from Federal service last year.

4. Sep 25, 2019 #4

one2dmax

one2dmax

one2dmax

I've got Galfers available as well (but not sure if I have a set on hand at the moment).

5. Sep 25, 2019 #5

Itgoes

Itgoes

Itgoes

Well-Known Member Supporting Member

WOW! What a great family story! Awesome!