Brake Pad Dust - Ultimate Cleaner

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gleno

Reaction score
Brake dust has always had a habit of tenaciously sticking to billet rims, painted rims and anodized brake callipers.

Nothing seems to shift it completely and every solution I have tried requires time, elbow grease and a brush.

Most cleaners are toxic or caustic and damage you or the bike parts if used often or applied for to long.

Today I found a brilliant solution that cleaned a really filthy pair of Brembo callipers to near new with little effort and I found it in the household cleaning section of the supermarket for a few dollars.

Now I don't know if everyone can get this product where they live so I've attached a picture.

The active ingredient is Citric Acid Anhydrous 3.2%.

If you can't get the product look for the ingredient in the locally provided household cleaners.

Cleans brake dust, grease, gaffer tape gum etc.

Spay on, let soak and rinse off. Repeat as many times as is necessary.

It's cheap but its the best cleaner I've ever used for brake dust removal.

Attachments

• PineOclean.jpg
    PineOclean.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Brake dust has always had a habit of tenaciously sticking to billet rims, painted rims and anodized brake callipers.

Nothing seems to shift it completely and every solution I have tried requires time, elbow grease and a brush.

Most cleaners are toxic or caustic and damage you or the bike parts if used often or applied for to long.

Today I found a brilliant solution that cleaned a really filthy pair of Brembo callipers to near new with little effort and I found it in the household cleaning section of the supermarket for a few dollars.

Now I don't know if everyone can get this product where they live so I've attached a picture.

The active ingredient is Citric Acid Anhydrous 3.2%.

If you can't get the product look for the ingredient in the locally provided household cleaners.

Cleans brake dust, grease, gaffer tape gum etc.

Spay on, let soak and rinse off. Repeat as many times as is necessary.

It's cheap but its the best cleaner I've ever used for brake dust removal.

Problem is... I've not seen that one here in the States...:ummm:

Anodized calipers come clean pretty easily but it's good to find a quick way of doing it. :thumbs up:

Is Goof off safe for painted surfaces? It sure works well for brake dust.

Also.. What are you guys using for general cleaning? Iv been using a 50/50 mix of 409 and water.:confused2:

Still using S100 for general cleaning. Using Westley
s Bleche-White for calipers,wheels and tires. It may be too strong for polished aluminum. Nice thing about Glenos stuff is it gets into the nooks and crannies that are hard of impossible to reach with a brush like inside the caliper. I'll look for a product at my local Publix grocery chain and report back if I find anything with this active ingredient.

Is Goof off safe for painted surfaces? It sure works well for brake dust.

Also.. What are you guys using for general cleaning? Iv been using a 50/50 mix of 409 and water.:confused2:

I'd be afraid to try to myself. One of its labeled uses is removing paint.

Be real careful if you are using Westley's Bleach White near anything anodized. I really screwed up a set of rims on my old Tahoe with the stuff.

Wow Redline, I hope I didn't lead someone to damaging their anodized parts unwittingly! Only thing I have anodized are my blue spot calipers and never bothered them yet. Nice of you to send out the caveat.

Still using S100 for general cleaning. Using Westley
s Bleche-White for calipers,wheels and tires. It may be too strong for polished aluminum. Nice thing about Glenos stuff is it gets into the nooks and crannies that are hard of impossible to reach with a brush like inside the caliper. I'll look for a product at my local Publix grocery chain and report back if I find anything with this active ingredient.

Is that S100 like the old Honda spray cleaner/polish? I found a shitload of people swearing by that stuff.

Back