Brakes Please Help!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abaum

Reaction score
I have a 92 VMAX 1200 and I'm looking for front and back brakes. I'm told EBC are the better brakes to go for but cant seem to find the model that I need. Also I have 2 rotors in the front so I need 2 sets for the front? Bare with me I'm new to this bike and this forum. Thanks in advance.

Contact Sean Morley, [email protected] , a forum member here, who stocks most of this stuff. He's a great source of parts for our Vmaxes.

Or, they are all over Ebay, sold as pair's, for one caliper, or in sets of all six pads for front and rear....such as this example.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Rear-...ash=item58d0bf0b47:g:oJ4AAOSwu-BWPE8S&vxp=mtr

There are soooo many brands to choose from, pick your poison. I, personally, shy away from EBC brand stuff, but that is just because I had a grudge with them over a lousy brake rotor they sold me for a Venture Royale way back, and refused to stand behind their schitty product when it failed right out of the box. Again, that is just me.

This should get you started:

VMX1200 1991-1992 Pads come two (2) per set.

Front EBC Double-H Sintered Metal pads: FA88HH (one set per side for a total of two sets of two = four pads total)
Rear EBC Double-H Sintered Metal pads: FA160HH (not spec’d, but fit my 1997 rear) - one set of two pads.

Latest posts

Back