Brakes stuck on

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aitchy

Reaction score
Hi all i have a 1986 max which has been stood for a good while i have had the carbs sorted ( thanks h at extrap ) now it seems the front brakes have stuck on i can push the bike but need arms like arnie..i was wondering can they be servicedin anyway or can i buy some recons i want to spend as least a possible as i am looking to sell the bike soon plus spent £400 on the carbs any info would be great Aitchy

Probly stuck calipers or corroded rotors....or both. A good cleaning on the entire system, new fluid and a good bleed should get you up & running. May not cost any more than some fluid if the seals are ok.

I'm going with a frozen master cylinder. Of course this is without actually seeing the bike. Solely based on age of sitting and he probably grabbed a handful of brake when giving it renewed attention. Happened on two of my old resurrections and I never bother with a rebuild, I just install a known good master cylinder, no rebuilds for me. How does one get that buried "C clip" out of the deep recesses of the lever plunger anyway?!

Did you put on different levers by any chance? When I did it didnt release the master cylinder button all the way causing them to stick to a point it would bring me to a complete stop. Also check pivot points my clutch pivot point was corroded not releasing mine all the way causing my clutch to slip... easy check remove levers if it no longer sticks there's your problem. If that doesn't work crack brake lines bleed off all pressure. If brakes release its your master cylinder if they still stick then its your calipers

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Open the bleeders, in fact take them out. You might want to put a rag over the bleeders when you release them. If the wheel spins easy now, you can eliminate the calipers and rotors and look up stream at the M.C.
and lever. If still hard to turn the wheel a piston in a caliper may be seized.

^ right just figured checking the levers is cleaner you won't have oil going everywhere one the first check lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Don't forget to check the lines. Old lines collapse on the inside and can act like check valves.

Latest posts

Back