Brembo caliper for 2007-2012 R1 fit Gen II?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vmax-OZ

Reaction score
The R1 uses the same Brake callipers from 2008 to 2012 models as the Gen II.
Meaning same caliper and same 130mm mount spacing.

Brembo has developed a Brembo caliper with a mounting bracket specifically or the R1 so you can mount a 108mm to a 130mm mount
This also fits on the MT01 which you guys don't have in the US.

Does anyone know if there is another reason why this wouldn't fit the Vmax? For instance disc position! Etc ...

http://www.oppracing.com/product_di...let-2piece-3034-high-performance-caliper-kit/

Did anyone look into this by any chance?
Thanks

If the R1 and the Vmax use the same calipers, I can only assume it would work. Looking at the pictures, I don't see anything that would cause a problem. But, I don't own a gen2 say my opinon doesn't mean squat.

I know Brembo brake components are "top of the line" but do you really think the stock calipers are so poor that you need to spend nearly 2K to upgrade them?

If the R1 and the Vmax use the same calipers, I can only assume it would work. Looking at the pictures, I don't see anything that would cause a problem. But, I don't own a gen2 say my opinon doesn't mean squat.

I know Brembo brake components are "top of the line" but do you really think the stock calipers are so poor that you need to spend nearly 2K to upgrade them?

I visited my mechanic's shop today and he races a 2009 R1. Has the same callipers as the Vmax OEM. So I brought one of mines to try and fits right on. Same caliper same fork mount 130mm. So I bought them to try

Vmax brakes are doing an okay job pulling up a 310kg machine to a halt when ridden conservatively. I push my bike hard. Not hard in straight line, but track days, twisties and often push my bike to its limits. If you've ridden a bike with a proper aftermarket brembo setup you'd know what I am talking about.

Difference is night at day.

That only works if you replace not only the calipers but the rotors as well i'd say...

Latest posts

Back