Bridgestone Exedra Max Tires

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pighuntingpuppy

Reaction score
I will periodically come back to this as the tires wear. Initial impressions with the Bridgestones, 1000% improvement over the Metzlers. The front end death wobble seems to have been eliminated in left turns. Now while the Metzlers were in fact 10 years old, they did what they were supposed to for the time being. The Metzlers cranked up 4000 miles and just flattened out in the middle as the tread disappeared.

With these tires, I have never ran them before. Based on the reviews of these tires, the overall impression is great mileage, great comfort and great handling in touring bikes. I have ran Bridgestone Spitfires on my other bikes and the mileage is great. 15K before needing to be replaced. I am hoping 10K on the rear before needing to be replaced. 0726191816.jpg
Front tire.0726191816a.jpg
Rear tire.

Starting mileage for all intents and purposes, 23,100 miles.

Guess my right hand gets more exercise than yours, I get about 5K miles from a rear, and start wishing how better a new tire would feel after breaking 4K. No smoking burnouts or rolling burnouts.

Guess my right hand gets more exercise than yours, I get about 5K miles from a rear, and start wishing how better a new tire would feel after breaking 4K. No smoking burnouts or rolling burnouts.

I would say yours does, LOL. If I was as aggressive as you in my tires, In about 6 weeks I would have needed a new tire. Oil changes and tires....would get expensive after the 3rd set in a season for me. Dont get me wrong, sometimes I will get aggressive on the bike. But most of the time, I cruise. There is another thing to consider, I suspect most of the members here are suburban riders who live with low speeds in their locale and who also put relatively low miles on. I live in a sprawling state with interstate speeds of 75 and highway speeds of 65-70. I spend alot of time at 85mph on the interstate.

First 120 mile ride. Combination of dry and rain(not intentional, just got caught in a cell). Performance is great. Bike handles so much better now even in the rain. The only downside to report was during the rain, I attempted to change lanes, the road I changed lanes on is brand new, they just got done putting new stripes on the road. Had a bit if ass wiggle going over the stripe. I can lean the bike deeper take the turns faster and it seems to get out of the hole a bit quicker without spinning up the tire.

So far, the tires seem to be a good choice. I will report back when I hit the first 1000 miles.

First 120 mile ride. Combination of dry and rain(not intentional, just got caught in a cell). Performance is great. Bike handles so much better now even in the rain. The only downside to report was during the rain, I attempted to change lanes, the road I changed lanes on is brand new, they just got done putting new stripes on the road. Had a bit if ass wiggle going over the stripe. I can lean the bike deeper take the turns faster and it seems to get out of the hole a bit quicker without spinning up the tire.

So far, the tires seem to be a good choice. I will report back when I hit the first 1000 miles.

Newly painted strips can be slippery as grease. I've slid on them in the past.

I will post pictures later on. But I am over 1000 miles on the tires. I realize I forgot to measure new tread depth. But will get the depth from here on out. Overall impressions.....They are great tires(for my needs). Twist that throttle on a stop, the tires will spin up. But hardly a surprise with that revelation. Comfort is alot better over the Metzlers by a long shot. Handling, I can get the bike low into the turns. Couple turns I get surprised when I hear those front pegs tickling the asphalt. I would wager I am in the 35+ degree lean angle range. Tires show about 1/2" if side tread not touched on the tire. I dont think the bike is capable of much more lean since you would be riding on the exhaust if you were. Fuel economy....well, I doubt the tires are any real indicator of that. I range from 30-40 depending on what I am doing with the bike. So thats the same as the Metzlers. On the interstate at 85+, they are smooth, just normal road vibes. Tires are silky smooth. In the rain(app. 200 miles of rain riding since I like getting caught in rain cells), they are fairly decent. 2 wheels in the rain, I dont care how good the tires claim to be, I take it easy period.

I will post the tread depth and conditions soon and post again in 1000 more miles with tire life.

I've put over 1k miles on the Metzler Sportec M7's now. I've got to say I like them better than the Z6'S and Z8's I've always sworn by. Seldom do you get everything you want from a set of tires, but the ride is great at highway speed, wet grip is as good as I could want, and dry grip in the twisties is exceptional. I don't know how long they'll last yet. So far, another set is in my future.

0910191707.jpg 0910191707a.jpg

25,142 miles currently. 2000 on the tires. Nothing new to report. Tires handle very very well still. Leaning is much more enjoyable on this bike. Tire comfort is great. Tires are kept at 36psi front and rear. Front forks I keep at 11psi. Stock shocks I keep on setting 3. Fuel mileage peaked at 42mpg but generally stays between 30-40 mpg depending on what I am doing.

Attachments

• 0910191707.jpg
    0910191707.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 0910191707.jpg
    0910191707.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 3
0929191742a_HDR.jpg 0929191742.jpg

26,085. Just shy of that 1000 mile mark, but its close enough to document. Same habits same performance. Bit more rainy weather riding this bout around with about 300 miles in the rain.

28,100 miles. Front looks near new. Rear is beginning to flatten out in the middle, but great treadlife remaining still. Handling is still good. No unusual vibrations or wobbles. Can coast down without hands on the bars and shes stable as can be. 0502201220.jpg 0502201220a.jpg 0502201220b.jpg

31,000 miles. Rear wear seems more noticeable. Definitely more flattened. Ride characteristics are about the same when in normal riding or from standing starts. I am beginning to feel a "slide" sensation when accelerating hard out of a turn. Goose her hard enough, yes, the tire breaks free and I will drift the turn. The front tire is still not exhibiting any type of visible wear. Still no vibrations or death wobbles. Can take my hands off the handlebars and she tracks true as can be.

My experience(yours will differ)....The tires are not as sticky as some are running here. However, they provide reasonable grip. The performance is very good dry and wet. I still wont take a turn on wet roads as fast as I would when dry, but its that self preservation thing. These tires are technically touring bike tires made for heavier bikes. At 8000 miles, for my type of riding, Bridgestone has delivered another great tire. I will most certainly purchase another set after this one has ran its course. 0801201428.jpg 0801201428a.jpg

Latest posts

Back