Bright Gauge's Remedy (color change)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After seeing how sweet these LED's looked on this forum I had to change mine...

Attachments

• IMG_0597.jpg
    IMG_0597.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0598.jpg
    IMG_0598.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 54
i .. I CANT BELIEVE IT , ITS BEEN 3 YEARS SINCE THIS THREAD WAS STARTED , AND IT WAS GREAT WITH ALL OF THE DIFFERENT INPUT FROM GUY'S TRYING "LEDS." AND THE WAY IT EVOLVED ON THIS FORUM ! .. NOW YOU CAN JUST GET THE PART NUMBERS AND DO THIS " MOD " ONE TIME , AND THIS LINK FROM . " YUKONERDAVE " . http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=8887 .. IT SHOWS YOU JUST HOW TO DO IT , ITS A GREAT STEP BY STEP ! ...... IS ANYONE ELSE GOING TO DO IT BEFORE RIDING SEASON STARTS AGAIN ? ... :confused2:

Cleaning out my desk drawers today I found 4 blue bulbs I had bought for my guage mod. Didn't use them, went with red. Free to whoever pm's me their addy. These are not LEDs.

i .. I CANT BELIEVE IT , ITS BEEN 3 YEARS SINCE THIS THREAD WAS STARTED , AND IT WAS GREAT WITH ALL OF THE DIFFERENT INPUT FROM GUY'S TRYING "LEDS." AND THE WAY IT EVOLVED ON THIS FORUM ! .. NOW YOU CAN JUST GET THE PART NUMBERS AND DO THIS " MOD " ONE TIME , AND THIS LINK FROM . " YUKONERDAVE " . http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=8887 .. IT SHOWS YOU JUST HOW TO DO IT , ITS A GREAT STEP BY STEP ! ...... IS ANYONE ELSE GOING TO DO IT BEFORE RIDING SEASON STARTS AGAIN ? ... :confused2:

Got the step by step bookmarked, and just ordered up the LEDs. Will post pics after their in. Got some time left before riding season here, had a teaser last week in the mid 40's but then around 10" of snow on Sunday :bang head:

Got the step by step bookmarked, and just ordered up the LEDs. Will post pics after their in. Got some time left before riding season here, had a teaser last week in the mid 40's but then around 10" of snow on Sunday :bang head:
i YOU WILL LOVE THEM , KEEP US " POSTED " ! . .:punk:

i YOU WILL LOVE THEM , KEEP US " POSTED " ! . .:punk:

Alright, the LEDs came in the mail today. Was to pumped to wait so they are in! :clapping: My pics are terrible, because I don't have a tripod - but at least you can get the general idea.

B B But Officer, the light was green....! :confused2:

PA260005.jpg

PA260002.jpg

PA260003.jpg

-JB

i WHAT PART NUMBERS DID YOU GO WITH ? .. AND DID YOU HAVE TO BEND THE CONNECTORS A LITTLE TIGHTER IN THE SOCKETS ? .. :confused2:

i WHAT PART NUMBERS DID YOU GO WITH ? .. AND DID YOU HAVE TO BEND THE CONNECTORS A LITTLE TIGHTER IN THE SOCKETS ? .. :confused2:

I ordered the 74xHP3 LEDs from superbright. However, the bag they came in said 74xGP3. :confused2: They looked the same as the ones you posted previously with the 3 directional LEDs. I didn't have to bend them tighter at all, the squeezed right in there good and tight. I am very pleased with how they look though!!! Wish I could get better pics for you guys. :clapping:

I ordered the 74xHP3 LEDs from superbright. However, the bag they came in said 74xGP3. :confused2: They looked the same as the ones you posted previously with the 3 directional LEDs. I didn't have to bend them tighter at all, the squeezed right in there good and tight. I am very pleased with how they look though!!! Wish I could get better pics for you guys. :clapping:
i . THE " G " STANDS FOR GREEN , THAT THREW ME WHEN MINE CAME ALSO ! .. :confused2: ..

ARGH!!! I can't decide
lol_hitting.gif
silky-smooth, icy-cool blue; in-yo-face, tank-HUD green; or lusty, don't-f-with-me red. they all look SO mad-effin sweet.

I went with the ICY Blue and they look awesome!!! What a dramatic, cheap, and easy mod!!!!! Here's a pic from my phone so not so good.

photo.jpg :eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Last edited:
I went with the ICY Blue and they look awesome!!! ...

i'm going with blue, too. i picked off the blue ones that texmax offered up. he says they were too dark for him. i just hope mine turns out as sick as yours. if not, i'm thinkin of the 74-BHP3s from superbrightleds.com. which ones did you put in?

UPDATE:
nevermind just read your post in the other thread
...2 74xhp for the speedo and 2 74xhp3 for the gauges. I may change the speedo out to the 74xhp3's just because they are so much brighter!

Man I'm so excited! This is gonna be a cool mod
bouncy-colors-2.gif

Last edited:
the bulbs texmax gave me, didn't quite do it for me (thanks anyways, TexaX ). so i went with four superbrightleds 74-xHP3 blue LED bulbs (74-BHP3).
smiley-excited001.gif

picture.php
i '' AWESOME '' , I'M SO GLAD THAT SO MANY GUYS HAVE DONE THIS " MOD " AND , ARE STILL DOING IT ! ... IT IS A CHEAP AND EASY TO DO " MOD " THAT INSTANTLY PUTS A SMILE ON YOUR FACE ! .. ( ONCE IT GETS DARK OUT ! ) . :biglaugh: . :punk:

Back