bright idea Item number: 200434471565

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bud7680

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
I advise anyone who puts their hands on your headlight plug to check it for the connection to the wire harness. I have found after years of use that it's common for the strands to have broken, at least some of them. You can strip-back the wire & solder the wire to the stock male spade, or get a replacement at the auto parts store and solder it on after you clip the old connector off.

I wasn't able to find the wattage listing. Looks like a good choice. 5K or 6K degrees Kelvin is a good choice in replacement bulbs for a white light.

I have been contemplating a ddmtuning.com mcy HID kit for my bike, but I was at the Harley Davidson museum yesterday and saw a neat headlight I am going to measure for possible fitment, so the HID is going to have to wait. Yes, I saw the VROD slanted non-fluted lens headlight, but that's not it. I do like the looks of that one though, and until I saw this other one that was one I was contemplating. I also like the Exactrep Terminator, and the price is similar to the 'other' H-D light I saw. I had never been to the H-D Museum before, but my brother & his wife now live in Milwaukee, and that's reason-enough to go! The people working there are very friendly and courteous. They make it a pleasant experience. Be sure when you go to visit the 3rd floor. That's where they have the industrial shelving w/hundreds of bikes warehoused, I recognized many famous bikes I had only seen in magazines over the years, and they run the gamut, from competition to stock to customs. I felt like the last scene from "Raiders of the Lost Ark," where the Ark of the Covenant is nailed into a packing crate, stenciled w/an i.d. # & wheeled down the cavernous interior of the huge warehouse to take its place with all the other crates.

One in particular exhibit and additional material I saw was the Porsche/H-D "Nova" project engine which was never released. I saw on the 3rd floor where they had dozens of motors lined-up on shelving, several "Novas." They went as-far as-to consider modular displacement based on # of cylinders, they were all V's but they had V2's, V4's and V6's! The appearance reminded me of the Munch Mammoth engines, based on the NSU TTS car engines, not-so-much in their exact appearance (Munch was an inline-4) but in the solid, blocky look of the castings, especially the side covers, with their plain, sand-cast appearance and the allen screws set in their reliefs in the surfaces. I saw Mr. Munch in Daytona years ago before he died. One of my acquaintances in Ft. Lauderdale is an expert on the Munchs and was a friend of Mr. Munch.

On the 1st floor of the H-D museum they had a fully-done touring bike using the "Nova" engine, and it looked great. "What-if...?"

Medic, I love the stream of consciousness flow of your post there. What year is your FZR?
I have an old 600 which is sort of on the back burner as a project right now.

Latest posts

Back