Brock’s exhaust and rear tire

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowaleed

Reaction score
Hello everyone..

I just have my new v-max gen 2 2017..
And i have two issues.

First.. i want to buy a Brock’s full exhaust system for my year model..but unfortunately I didn’t find it even in Brock’s website

Second.. i want to buy a new sticky and very high grip tire but i have only 1 option because of the 18” weel size
I find shinko 003 stleath and it comes only one size for 18” weel wich is 180/55/18
And the standard size is 200/50/18

If anyone can help please let me know

Thnx

Hi, and welcome.....congrats on the new VMax!

The Brocks full exhaust is no longer available but the Hindle is. Hindle made the pipe for Brocks so they are pretty much identical.

As far as the tire goes if you want something very sticky then you are right, the only tire available is the 003 Stealth in the 180 size. I know several people that use it on the street and it worked OK.....and I know several others that used it on the track with very good results.

The best tire for grip in the stock size is the Shinko Verge 011. Not as sticky as the Stealth but the best you are going to get in the stock size. There is a matching front tire in the stock size as well.

You can buy the Hindle through Gurued Gear http://guruedgear.com/ they are the Gen 2 experts in the US.

You should also have your ECU re-flashed by them if you want maximum performance. It will be tuned for your exhaust and will remove all of the factory "nannies" like the speed limiter.

You should try to reach Tim Nash, he is the owner. You can tell him Mark from NY sent you.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Mark

We also sell the Hindles and highly suggest the reflash as is suggested by Mark. The 180 shinko is going to hook pretty well and we're working to create 240 wide wheel conversions (Yamaha wide wheels seem hard to come by these days.)

Latest posts

Back