Broke mirror mount, any solutions?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kuprebel

Reaction score
I dropped my bike today :sad2:, but it wasn't as bad as I'd thought it would be. But I do have one issue: the mirror threads on the right break reservoir broke off with the mirror (I guess it was tougher than I thought).

Any idea on how to secure the mirror back on? the threads left on the housing will definitely not support a mirror.

You can get a bolt-on mirror mount from your local dealer, it's just a mount. I dunno if they come in Yamaha reverse-thread for the one side. It's an aftermarket part. Cheap & effective.

Attachments

• iphone pictures 6-26-2014 405.jpg
    iphone pictures 6-26-2014 405.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Or get bar end mirrors. I got mine last year and like them (plus I like the look)

Or get bar end mirrors. I got mine last year and like them (plus I like the look)

What kind of grips do you have and what bar end mirrors? Are there any tricky installations or anything I should about installing bar end mirrors?

What kind of grips do you have and what bar end mirrors? Are there any tricky installations or anything I should about installing bar end mirrors?

The have an allen screw that tightens in the end of the bar and expands for grip.

Latest posts

Back