Broke my orginal 85 key !!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VmaxRider85

Reaction score
hey guys just got done with my bolt problem in my other topic i was lucky and got it out!!

but my other problem went to go take the tank cover off and bc the key is so old i snapped it !! it was waiting to happen

that was my favorite key it had the old school yamaha written on it and it was a black plastic top.

ive tried to get replacements before and they only have the metal with no plastic tops for some reason i like the plastic

dose anyone have a orgianal blank from 85 ? ( i highly doubt it :-/)

or will a newer style key from the 2000s like the vmaxs and r1's n such work ?

please help !!

lucky i have a spare metal key so at least i can ride tomorrow !!!!!!

i googled yamaha blanks. there are some nice simple ones out there. but if you like the plastic so much, just get a metal one like you did before and dip the top in plastikote. or wrap the top with one of those protectors you find at wally world.

Im almost sure it does. In the ignition switch only the electric internals were changed over the years. The lock mechanism is the same. I just swapped internals on 2 ignition switches... I have a friend that had his ignition switch lock all worn out (the key could be removed while running and it would keep running) and i got an used ignition switch to use just the lock. The electric internals were different (the turning contactor plate)

I went with a key from these guys :biglaugh:

reaperkey.jpg

I have a buddy that literally has 1000's of key blanks and pre-cuts. PM me the lock number and I will check with him and get you an OEM key...

If you get me the code # stamped on your broken key I can get you a replacement. It should be right under the head of the key. It will be a letter and then 5 numbers. Let me know, I'm a Locksmith.

Last edited:
i have a spare im just being picky and want the same key i had lol HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT EASTER !!

Latest posts

Back