Broken Con rod plane bearings

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ckchin

Reaction score
My rear engine Con Rod plane bearings was noisy,I suspect was broken.Will effect the others engine parts?
What should I service for the whole engine?it's 30K milage.
Should I change the Chain shaft as well?

You're probably screwed. The rod will be bad as will the rod adjacent (next) to it and will need repaired or replace (we can do both). The crank will need repaired or replaced (we can offer both). Depending on how bad it can cause the piston to hit the valves though that's not usually the case.

There will be junk needing cleaned out of the motor. Could have had some of that crap pass by the pistons which can gouge the bore and piston. Again this usually isn't common but can happen.

The biggest thing is if it damaged the crankshaft thrust journals. They are machined into the upper case and is not a bearing surface that's replaceable. It would normally require a complete engine case replacement. We can repair that surface but it's normally not worth the cost unless you have a lot of money invested in the engine already.

You need to take the engine out and apart and do an inspection. Odds are there is transmission wear you might want to look at addressing while you have it apart too (I've yet to take one out that didn't need something done).

Sean

Latest posts

Back