Brood X cicadas

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redrum

Reaction score
When riding in parts of the mid-west this summer beware. If you hit one of these @ 75 MPH wearing a T shirt it hurts.

There can be so many of them they can make the road slick.

I road a lot 17 years ago and still remember the one I hit with my shoulder doing about 80.

Another excellent for wearing a full-face helmet, or even a helmet at-all, in states where helmet use is not mandatory. One is FL.

Another excellent for wearing a full-face helmet, or even a helmet at-all, in states where helmet use is not mandatory. One is FL.

For sure. I always wear full face and usually wear a leather coat/gloves. I was wearing leather (although thin) at the time of the "cicadas incident" and it still stung.

I always wear a helmet. Now. In the past, I've been known not to. But many years ago on a ride while wearing a 3/4 Arthur Fulmer with no face shield, I "acquired" a passenger in the temple area. A wasp.

I started running with a face shield after that.

Today I hit a bird in on my head @ 60PH in a curve. I'm glad I wear a helmet.

That's the second time I've hit a bird on my helmet. The last time I was going 70MPH.

I've had a 3" diameter branch come down from a tree on a windy day and konk me directly on top of my helmet @ 65MPH.

I wouldn't want to ride without a helmet.

My friends hot wife, in her 30's at the time, had a wasp fly into the car she was driving and got inside her shirt. She was allergic so she jumped out on a major 4 lane hwy here in MN and peeled her top and bra off as fast as she could without regard to anything - she was in lifesaving mode. Just saying once in a while there's a benefit from these insects, LOL.

My dad hit a deer on his gold wing when I was 10 or 12 without a helmet and had a ton of staples keeping his head together. So I’ve always been pro-helmet since then

Latest posts

Back