Buell's B-King ripoff

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayhawk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Note to our friends at Harley Davidson. If you're going to steal something from the B-King, don't steal the looks! Engine - yes. Brakes - yes. Suspension/frame design - yes. Looks? No.

Linkage

wallpaper_1125CR_1.jpg

Those side pods (air intakes?) are too ugly for words. I would be ashamed to be seen in public. It is much uglier than the B-King. :puke:

Note to our friends at Harley Davidson. If you're going to steal something from the B-King, don't steal the looks! Engine - yes. Brakes - yes. Suspension/frame design - yes. Looks? No.

Linkage

Hmm, I agree the scoops are ugly, apparently they have a fairing kit out to cover it up! But Jayhawk, I don't see the similarity in looks between the bikes.

Attachments

• buellandbking.jpg
    buellandbking.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 57
It ain't purty...on that point I will sure agree... I would think the 'side pods' are large enough to actually create drag....

However...can't help but wish my li'l 600+ lb 'FatGurl' had that one's weight, and the 6spd trans, and fuel capacity.... At 'only' 375 or so...that one'd feel like a dirt bike compared.... I'll bet ugly as it it...it's a performer...

OneOneThree.... get out there, do a check ride, and let us know whatcha think...

Uncle Philthy

Yeah the CR shares the scoops with the B-King and headlight of the Z1000, I like the bike though. :Shrugs:

Buster, I think you're right from the side, though from the front (looking at the pic at the top), they look really similar..at least to me. The headlight, especially.

don't know about all of that, but that Z1000
looks sweet !:eusa_dance:
Chris

I am not sure why everybody is trying to make there bikes ike transformers :confused2:. I personaly hate it I do not like the New Vmax headlamp either.

Saw an 09 Vrod at Quaker Steak & Lube bike night last night - the pop-riveted faux air scoops looked WAY cool...:rofl_200:

I don't know, I think it might be the other way around. Buell was making bikes with big crazy air intake systems long before the B-king was even a twinkle in some Suzuki engineers eye....

Buell%20S3%20Thunderbolt%20%201.jpg

1997 thunderbolt

The V-twin H-D type motor has always lent itself to a really big intake arrangement of some sort on the side of the motor, some of them look good to me, but not that buell in the original posting....

As for actual scoops, I think with the Vmax starting (I think) it and various other following suite (B-king, the new Max and now this Buell) We're going to be seeing a lot more bikes with some sort of forward facing, in your face air intakes on the side.

It's becoming a fad I think, but one I like generally, I worked around a bunch of F4's once and the first time I saw a Vmax the first thought in my head was that the scoops resembled and F4,
I was pleasantly surprised to hear that Yamaha design guy from the original project state that that was exactly what he was aiming for, although he didn't say F4, that was what they showed.

Latest posts

Back