Building the Ultimate AR-22..... My Latest AR project

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpecOps13

Reaction score
I started testing 2 key products of this carbine together with an 8" barrel that Clint Beyer made available to me and the Target Master 22 conversion that AR15 Conversions, Pam Sent. I was getting very good results from the AR Pistol Version of this setup. Several times I felt that it was trying to make Federal Bulk 22's look like target grade ammo.

The parts I used on this rifle were so it could be built by anyone and on a budget. I added a few additional accessories that this rifle could go without but I wanted it personalized just a little. The parts I used may not be the choice you'd make but that's the point of building an upper yourself.

Here's what the completed carbine looks like with the upper and a lower together.
BeyerTargetMaster1.jpg

The basis for this rifle were the Target Master Conversion from AR15 Conversions and an M4 Style barrel from Clint Beyer. This combination proved to be 100% reliable. It's one of the tightest combinations as far as fit that I've ever encountered. These 2 major components came together for the first time here in my work room. I did absolutely nothing to adjust the fit of the conversion and the barrel or the upper receiver. Clint's Dedicated Collar fit perfect. Same results I had with the 8" project.

The accuracy of this rifle has been better than anything I have ever shot. All of the targets shown were fired on the same day using various ammo as listed. One 5 shot group at 25 yards, shown at the right measured 0.025 Center to center... Measured with On Target Software. I've never fired so many great groups with the variety of ammo used, ever. These were not from a rest or a vise, these were done just resting myself on the bench.

AR15 Conversions now has the Target Master Conversion and this Clint Beyer Barrel available. Build your own version of this "Ultimate Upper". It'll make you smile....
icon_smile_big.gif

RIFLE1SEND.jpg

Here's the parts list for this build for anyone interested..

UPPER
Target Master Conversion
Clint Beyer 16" M4 Profile Barrel and Dedicated Collar
DPMS Low Pro Upper Receiver
YHM, Rifle Customizable tube and 1-1/8" End Cap
Tapco Riser and CenterPoint 4-16 x 40 from WalMart
Barrel Shroud, My Design
Miculek Muzzle Brake
DPMS Charging Handle and Badger Gen II Latch

LOWER
Spikes Tactical Lower with DPMS Parts Kit, My own trigger job with set screw and short grip screw
DPMS Captive Hammer / Trigger Pins
EZ Pull Takedown Pins
DPMS Oversized Selector
Oversized Mag Release, my design
Arrandondo Mag Well Extension
GG&G Sling Adapter
Tapco 6 Position Stock and Buffer Tube
CAA Grip
Spec

What a tack driver Dave! Can't beat the cost of shooting this combination. You can get some pretty good ammo for cheap to boot! I'm liking my Sig .22 Cal barrel conversion with the same results you have gotten.

I've gone over 100,000 rounds shooting 22's in AR Style Rifles, Carbines and Pistols. In the past 3 years that equates to a $30,000 savings over shooting center fire .223 or 5.56mm. There's no other way I could get so much use out of my AR's and still have money in my pocket. It's an Absolute Blast too..

22's the way to go PATMAX. Nice set up you have too.. Picture???

That thing is SWEET!!!!!!:clapping:

It's a shooter and looks good and is cheap to feed......best of all worlds.....

Good Job!!!!:punk:

Back