Burn-Out Avenue

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

85 MAX-fan

Reaction score
Back in the day I found great comfort and accomplishment in paying regular visits to a predetermined spot on a certain road and mercilessly subjecting the rear tire(s) of what ever vehicle I was driving to an overly enthusiastic burn-out. That road not only had visual evidence of 30 to 50 yard patches, it also had holes literally burned deep into the concrete.
It was FANTASTIC!
Now, I am wondering, does any one have a "Burn-Out Avenue" near them?
I feel the need to find that address and take a ride over. The V-MAx is a bit grumpy after winter hibernation.
:angry flame:

My next door neighbor has a HD Heritage and from time to time starts in front of my house and burns about 20 ft. down the street. Since it's a cul de sac we have very little traffic or popo visiting our street , so there's no real chance of getting caught for a reckless driving ticket. Come on down and show him how it's done ! :clapping:

My next door neighbor has a HD Heritage and from time to time starts in front of my house and burns about 20 ft. down the street. Since it's a cul de sac we have very little traffic or popo visiting our street , so there's no real chance of getting caught for a reckless driving ticket. Come on down and show him how it's done ! :clapping:
Ironic,
I am in your neck of the woods on business but without the bike:damn angry:
Odd how things work out.....

got a few good private spots ranging from the northwest coast back to the house on the east side of the country, take your pic, your more then welcome to partake in the smoke signal fires hahahaha I too have a addiction to inhaling perfectly backed rubber compound, getting the shakes need to do a burn out:punk:

In Michigan's Eastern Upper Peninsula (exact location shall remain undisclosed!)there is a area that has just such a street! Here is some old undercover shots of the "location" and evidence... do not share these photos; they are protected by a FBI!

Attachments

• IMG_0358.jpg
    IMG_0358.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0359.jpg
    IMG_0359.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0410.jpg
    IMG_0410.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 48
used to be in front of my house when i was younger

In Michigan's Eastern Upper Peninsula (exact location shall remain undisclosed!)there is a area that has just such a street! Here is some old undercover shots of the "location" and evidence... do not share these photos; they are protected by a FBI!

Brian....I heard on the NSA link last night that they did manage, through sattelite imagery, to obtain the pole number in your pic. Cross referencing that number on the national power grid they were able to pinpoint your location, within a couple hundred feet.

Do not, I repeat, Do not go back out there to try your new Morley trannie job...that spot is under 24/7 surviellance!! :th_11:

No where special. But when people on sportsters, or any other Hardley wanna-be gets behind me and think there hot shit, thats when the smoke flys!:biglaugh:

There was an old dirt road that turned to pavement for about two miles. It was our dragstrip/burnout pit.
My LUV truck lost a lot of tires on that stretch of road.
I shoehorned a 400 small block in that poor thing coupled to a TH400 tranny.
Feeling kinda squirrley one day I wrote LUV on the street in BF Goodrich black.
Ah, the tires that died on that piece of asphault.

Suggesting, perhaps, that the state of 'grown up' has been achieved? :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Sorry 85, couldn't resist!! :punk:
Well, Rockatansky has NOT grown up...see "Rockatansky's luck has run out" thread. If you are infering that I have I can report his better half would kick my ass for scorching divits in front of his place. We'll......if she was home and saw me trenching their street. I know this because some punk is doing hole shots there on occasion. She has made it clear that she does not approve and I in turn promised to keep a look out for the jerk and set him straight if I catch up to them...

Well, Rockatansky has NOT grown up...see "Rockatansky's luck has run out" thread. If you are infering that I have I can report his better half would kick my ass for scorching divits in front of his place. We'll......if she was home and saw me trenching their street. I know this because some punk is doing hole shots there on occasion. She has made it clear that she does not approve and I in turn promised to keep a look out for the jerk and set him straight if I catch up to them...

:rofl_200: A noble gesture indeed, only a true 'grown-up' would even offer!! :rofl_200:

:rofl_200: A noble gesture indeed, only a true 'grown-up' would even offer!! :rofl_200:

Exactly, however the little malcontent seems to be psychic. Always shows up undetected and leaves his calling card then disappears without a trace
Always one step ahead of me........

No burnouts happening here today!

WOW! You got the tip of what we got as rain... It's chilly here at about 50?F but that's better than what you have.

Supposed to be 72? on Saturday! :eusa_dance:

Need to get the max over to the house soon so I can get it ready for the IL meet.

As for burn outs... Never do them. Tires are too expensive and getting all that rubber that melted and stuck to everything off isn't any fun.

Chris

It sucks for sure, it would suck even worse if Redbone was on the road. This type of snow storm(4-6" of snow) is more typical for this time of year while the last month of no snow and daily temps above 50 - 60 degrees is not normal. This should last one to two days at most and we'll be back in the warm temps. :clapping:

As for motorcycle tires, Im with 4gasem. I want that tire in as good condition as possible.

BUT, in the high school days we hog wild. Ever here about all the import races that got popular a few yrs ago? Alot of that started here is SoCal. We cheated though. Out ride of choice was one of two cars. First one was a 80s/90s Trans Am with the T-tops. Budys Dad built that thing up good. Motor all done with cams, manifolds, and a big ol Holly 750. 3-4 grand stall converter on the automatic tranny. Those little civics and integras had no chance.

Its was bad ass to see all the cars line up and do there burn outs before heading down the strip(street). This was all done in the middle of the night when no one else was around. 1-3:30 am. But when the cops did come it was every one for them selves. Once one of my budys got picked up for flagging and the cops didnt know how to charge him, so they let him go. Thats how long ago that was. Now if you get caught doing any kind of street racing they hang you by your toes.

Lets not forget the trip up the oneway rd to the view point to party and watch the sun set. When the went from two to one way on a big wide right hander I used to through the old dodge Dakota sideways and slide the whole turn. I had quit a set of marks on that turn for some time.

Closing statement.
Not many bikes will do rolling burnouts like the Vmax will.

FREERIDER

Back