burned up my R/R

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

65fury

Reaction score
Well i cooked my R/R.... not sure if this is a normal way for these to go:ummm: I found a new one online for $40 so its not a big dent in my pocket book, but i just dont want this to happen again. Im curious if something else electrically could have caused this problem?

Bike still runs fine with the r/r disconnected(obviously it doesnt charge the battery) but the bike runs fine.

Thanks
Jason

It can't hurt to check out the stator-out put and resistance check. Regulators run hot and do have a lifespan. I like the R/R for the later model's with the cooling fins and ground wire. They're worth the money imho.
Steve

Ill definitely check voltage on the stater and see what the output is. I figured it had a life span... just didnt know it would burn up on its way out lol

Thanks fellas

Also ill check out those other r/r youve suggested:punk:

jason

How long does it take to change a R/R with a stock one? I do not have a garage so will have to do that on a street corner. Thanks!

If it takes longer than an hour, and it should take less time than that, someone must be trying out their new bikini at the apartment swimming pool.

Back