Burning rubber

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxcruzer

Reaction score
Experience has taught me a few things, and one of those things is that most worthwhile events that turn out good usually take prep.
So, I'm gonna utilize the age of my rear tire and offer it to the Vmax Gods before I have to wait another 7K to try again. I don't want to be unprepared so, at least two cameras, an industrial area, good sunshine, a P/U and a ramp so I can go to the rim.
Im thinking about a few roll on passes, let the tire cool and try some cookies.
Tips, suggestions? Hit me...

Kenny.

Rolling burnouts are fun to watch and do!......Try getting a 2nd gear smoker going and let her rip!......Saw one of our holligans perform this last summer, most impressive! too bad no one had a camera ready............Just be carefull and have fun!

As I mentioned in a recent post.....If you want to practice controlled power-burnouts (and your penmanship) you can warm up on spelling out "Vmax" and for the very last part see how far you can make the "X" tail go (Hint: start in second gear)

Atleast get the finished product on tape for us to laugh at......

Bring some bleach for some GOOD smoke... lol

If you're at all anal about how your bike looks, coat all the surfaces around the tire with some thin grease or heavy gear oil to make cleaning off the burnt rubber easier. Inner fender and cross piece of the swingarm and take the plate off the back... If the tire blows, it could damage it.

You can also use green painters tape... It'll protect all of it and come off clean.

Chris

Dude, YOU PLAN TO GET 7K FROM YOUR NEXT BACK TIRE?! Wow!!!!

Chris, you havent seen my bike have you...bugs are afraid to splat on it because they would die a lonely death.
Seriously though good call! Rubber can be a mess.
Tape and light grease to aid in shred removal is a good idea!
Second gear roll-ons, check.
Bleach, check.
I really want at least a few good editing minutes to post since its a one time shot, or at least till the next tire change.
And yes...I got right at 7K on my last two rears! Tires don't grow on trees man! Wait...um, yeah! Tires don't grow on trees! LOL

This is the rapist that will be on camera 1. Ought to be some interesting angles.
aefdd357-53d1-ef25.jpg

why would anyone mind rubber form a burnout stuck to the fender:confused2::confused2:

another good trick is just spray with wd40, then all rubber trace will come right off with a rag.

cant wait to see the burn out:punk::punk:

My new tire is here, I just need a good weekend. I think the weather will keep me from it for a while. Im gonna scout a location this weekend though and start a box of goodies for the sacrifice. Never know when a nice day will pop up around these parts.

My new tire is here, I just need a good weekend. I think the weather will keep me from it for a while. Im gonna scout a location this weekend though and start a box of goodies for the sacrifice. Never know when a nice day will pop up around these parts.

Gotta love your enthusiasm, man!!

If I had one of these stupid smiley things hoisting up a beer .....i'd use it right now.........

it's intoxicating.....no pun intended.........

Im gonna try to bring it together. Last rear change came so fast I forgot about it and I swear I've been thinking about it every mile I put on this one and its to the rub strip. I just can't see tearing up a new tire, and I ain't a wait'n till next time. It'll take time but you guys will be the first to see it on youtube, or America's funniest home videos if it goes wrong!

Latest posts

Back